Premed 101 Forums

The results are up!

Guest cause2003

Guest puzzlinganswer

I am STOKED!!!! I found out at work.....i'm in and i'm beaming....

thanks to everyone for the help over this board, hang in there if you haven't heard yet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MD Hammer

Physiology - you are such a sweetheart! Your posts are always very heartfelt and honest - and I think I speak for many people that it is much appreciated!

Guest Tyler

I tryed phoning admissions but they closed at 4:30, but im guessing they couldn't tell me much of anything anyways. Im hoping that this error message will disapear sometime before the weekend ends or else its going to be a loooooooong three days!

Guest Thumbelina

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say congratulations, I remember the anxiety I felt this time last year. And to everyone who didn't get the reply they were hoping for, be proud of yourselves and know that it will work out the way you hoped when it's meant to.

Guest Jochi1543

Haha, I'm not applying until next year and this thread still got me all giddy for you guys who got in!:rollin I DON'T want to ever be in your position, freaking out for so long! Congrats to those who are accepted, and good luck in the nearest future to those who are waitlisted or rejected.:D YAY!

Guest ewon2003

Congrats to all of you who got in and enjoy the feeling while it lasts. UBC med is a great place, and you'll all enjoy the new facilities.

And for those not so fortunate, best of luck to your other applications and future plans. And don't forget to schedule the feedback session if you plan to reapply.

Guest TKP 123

I got in also.... thank god.

Congrats to all others who got in.

For others who can't get in this year, definitely try it again and again and again...

this is how i got in anyway.

TKP123

Guest Kels2004

I just wanted to add my congratulations to those of you who got the good news yesterday! :D

For those who didn't, do try again next year. The process stinks and it's a bit of a @#%$-shoot, but hang in there!

Kelsey

Guest moxiekat

Hey Kooman - I'm actually an in-province applicant. I interviewed at some out of province schools too, but I'm a Vancouver girl born and raised.

Guest maquisapa

Hey, did anyone who was still getting an error message nearing the end of the day ever get their results?

I can't believe I have to wait until Monday now!!

Congrats to those who got in btw!

Guest miloxchg

Hi, I just read this in the Adms website...www.admissions.med.ubc.ca...&area_id=1

I am getting an error message when I try to check my application status. What should I do?

Send an email to admissions.md@ubc.ca, include your first and last name. In the subject line, type "Application Error". The Admissions Office will re-trigger your application. Please allow one business day.

I sent my email last night and this morning I can check my status. :|

Guest maquisapa

Hey the response is pretty much immediate if you send in the email. Unfortuanately after all the waiting, I got rejected.

Guest Danish

Congrats to everyone accepted! For those on the waitlist, hang in there, tons of people in my class were waitlisters. For those who didn't get in this year, keep at it if you know that medicine is what you want to do. It'll be worth it in the end!

Cheers,

Danish

(ps. Please forgive me, I know these words are not very profound but we're in the middle of 2nd year exams right now and my brain hurts. It's the best I can do)

Guest kahone

yeah, same here. 24 hours later, the Adm office "retriggered" my application and the comforting "Refused after interview" greeted me. They gotta work on that wording, it's hard not to take personally. Happy green fonts don't diminish the F.O.A.D. tone. Seems like my adopted province (Ont) just might not get rid of me yet, since home won't have me! 8o

best to those who got in.

K

Archived