Premed 101 Forums

The results are up!

Guest cause2003

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nostalg

1st time applicant.

Unfortunately rejected by UBC, and will be spending my summer preparing to re-write the MCAT :(

congratulations to everyone who got accepted!

Guest Penrod

I see the error message too... I called the admissions office and they said it's b/c everyone is trying to log in... She said it should be OK after a while... I called them again to see if they could tell me my result but the phone was on answering machine... I'm so frieking out... :eek

Guest farmfreshdroppings

Hmmm... Obviously there are so many people checking right now that the system has been overloaded. Hence, I have a brilliant idea. Everyone should stop checking. Then, I'll check my application and get back to you guys when it's working!! :P

farmfresh

Guest cause2003

I thought I would check again just to see if I got an error message and I got through fine. Maybe there's something else wrong.

-cause

Guest Penrod

fantastic idea farmfish :) I was just wondering those who found out their results, do you guys kept checking or you left it for some time and came back... I've been logging in and out over and over for the past one and a half hour... 8o

Guest MD Hammer

2nd try, to no avail. I am actually pretty shocked since I got waitlisted last year, this year, just a flat out rejection. I keep checking my online application to see if it was a mistake, since it seems there have been some problems with the online system - but, unfortunately, it hasn't changed. First stage of grievance - denile!

For myself, there is a possibility that Queen's will work out, but we'll have to see about that at the end of this month...

Congratulations to everyone who made it in - it must be an amazing feeling!

For my fellow rejectees, hang in there! I already signed up for my feedback session - forward motion seems to help sometimes...

Guest Procuitto

Why me? Why the error message? Both my friend and my boyfriend got in and I still have this stupid error....is this fate?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Guest AceUBC

Thought I'd let you know that I too have been waitlisted (In province)....

Sucks not to know how many are on the waitlist and what your position is.

Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those still waiting!:D

Guest kakashifan

kyaaaa!

i've been accepted!

thanks so much for your help!

hopefully I can help you guys in the future as well!

see you in sept!

=0. k

(congrats kupo! teeheeehee!)

Guest canmic

Ugh..

Stupid error message..

I called them and they said they are 'working on it'. They won't give out the result over the phone or by email or in person, so those with the error message have to just sit and wait..

I'd hate to spend the weekend wondering if I have to move to Victoria or not, ugh..

Figures... friday the 13th...

Guest Procuitto

Did anyone get an error at first and then get an offer? I'm freaked out because I keep getting this error but my friends who have gotten in already know and didn't get an error message at all.

Thanks,

Proscuitto

Guest canmic

I don't think the error message has anything to do with your status as we have seen people who got accepted, rejected, and waitlisted and didn't get the error.

My guess is that someone messed up in entering things for a bunch of people or that a particular part of their database got corrupted and that's why some people are getting an error and others aren't.

I'd really be surprised if it turned out to be in any way related to your application status.

Guest physiology

Hello,

Congrats to everyone - regardless of whether you have been accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. You've come thus far and that means something, even if it isn't the outcome you hoped.

Physio

Guest medsmurf

Go away error...go away...

If they don't fix the error today do you think we'll have to wait all weekend until monday:(

Guest moxiekat

Oh my God!!! I have been working up the nerve to check all morning... so terrified as to what the result might be... but I AM IN!!!! And my hands are shaking too. Congrats to everyone else who recieved positive news - I cannot wait to meet you all next year. Good luck those on the the waitlist and those waiting to hear from other schools.

I am going to go die of shock right now.

Archived