Premed 101 Forums

pre-med clubs at UBC or UVIC?

Guest nursingstudentKyle

Guest nursingstudentKyle

hello again,

well the topic says it all here folks. i'm interesting in making contacts with theses types of groups if they exist. does anyone know of any formal, or informal, pre-med clubs/groups at UVIC or UBC?

and if they are around...what do they do, and how can i get involved?

Guest not rex morgan

There is definitely a pre-med society at UBC. I'm not too sure about everything they do, as I was not in it. They have seminars, and can hook you up with info on MCAT and admissions policies, etc. Once a year they have a talk from the Associate Dean of Admissions, which is rather strongly attended. Here's their web site. Good luck

http://www.ams.ubc.ca/clubs/premedical/

Guest Ian Wong

Moving out of the General Premed forum into the UBC forum...

UVic had a premed club back when I did my undergrad there. One of my undergrad classmates back then set up a premed website, and after she graduated, that site was taken down and a new one started.

That second website no longer seems to be up and running, and I wasn't able to find any mention of a UVic premed website using Google. If you wanted, you could probably find out through the UVic Student Society whether there is a premed club up and running. I'm betting that there is one, it's just no longer online.

UVic Student Society

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Archived