Premed 101 Forums

how open minded is UBC adcom?

Guest gastriculcer

Guest Ian Wong

What's the question exactly? Are you asking about our curriculum, or what each interviewer thinks?

There's not much information regarding alternative/complementary health care in the UBC curriculum (probably about the same amount as any other Canadian med school, which is very little), although the guy who founded AIMS, a huge student interest group on alternative medicine is himself a UBC med student. Clearly that didn't hurt his application chances; he'll make a really solid doc.

What each interviewer thinks is his/her own opinion, so it's not any different than if you offer up your approach to a patient seeking an abortion/euthanasia/etc, and your approach happens to be the complete opposite of your interviewer's. There's always a very good chance in an interview that something you say isn't something the interviewer agrees about. Generally, interviewers are looking more at your reasoning skills and thought processes, so as long as you have articulate reasons for anything you say, you should do fine.

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest gastriculcer

thanks Ian.

Where do you find all the time to monitor this forum and study? and rounds? i guess i'd better take care of my time management if i want to be a doc eh?

t.

Archived