Premed 101 Forums

Dr. Petra Selke as Interviewer...

Guest TSi SPY 007

Guest TSi SPY 007

Hey guys,

Have any of you had or heard of a "Dr. Petra Selke"? I have her as my 2nd interviewer... anyone know of her background? Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!!

Fred

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pucca81

Hi, I had my interview with Dr. Selke. She is, in fact, an OBGYN. Very friendly, open and doesn't write too many notes down during the interview. She maintains eye contact with you throughout the interview and asks "lots" of questions on MANY different areas, especially your own autobiography and extra-curricular list and gives you "specific" ethical questions for you to ponder upon.

Not to worry at all, Good Luck everyone! :D

Guest Afghansite

Maintains constant eye contact. Barely takes notes. Try to be serious, cuz she doesnt laugh or smile (if u are being funny or say something funny - doesnt help w/ her.)

- She has lots of scenrio based questions testing "code of confidentiality", "Your understanding of healthcare", etc.

-Try to answer her questions as short / terse as possible (yet complete). She keeps looking at the time as well. (There is a clock right behind where u would be sitting, and she will keep looking at it on and off).

Guest Afghansite

Also, i forgot to add. I didnt observe any melloness in her. Or may be she didnt like me at first glance. From my point of view she is a dry person...At first she introduces herself and says "I remmeber being in that seat. Please be comfortable...etc." But later on she gets weird...:rolleyes

Guest Pucca81

Afghansite. I can understand what you are saying. I think it's her style to be a bit more serious and just constantly stare at you. I felt pressured initially, but I tried to change the dynamics of the interview by being the usual "bubbly" self that I am and found that she became much more receptive/friendly toward the end. The most important thing, literally, is to be yourself. e.g. if you are not a serious person, don't try to be one just to match the personality of the interviewer.

Guest Afghansite

>>Pucca81<<

From what you said, i could conclude that you are a girl...Well, i think girls can be Bubbly....I dont think i could ever be a bubbly-guy specially in my Med school interview.8o

Guest Pucca81

hehe... that's true... Afghansite. :lol

One more thing: She is very hard to *read* so for those of you who have her as an interviewer, just try to stay calm and don't get intimidated when she doesn't laugh/smile...

Best Wishes :rollin

Archived