Premed 101 Forums

The Wait

Guest acarpent1

Guest KerriD

I'm pretty sure they send them in batches. Last year I got mine about 10 minutes after the first batch of ppl said they got them on this forum.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kidha

Hey Popcorn girl!

They all kind a come out at the same time. i don't know how they do it...probably some sort of magic. i am sure that most people heard on the same day. It seemed like everyone on this forum knew around the same time, cause i knew everyone was checking like crazy.

Don't worry about the alphabetical stuff.....I don't think it makes much of a diff...its all fairly close together. I didn't get in and I found out the same time people getting in and waitlisting. So somehow i think they are sent out together. Or very quickly after one another.

Guest popcorn girl

thanks, i will be watching this for sure, good luck to you this year Kidha, i was helping a woman awaiting joint replacement, she said it took her son 3 times to get into UBC, now he is an orth surg.

Guest diplom

I have to work that day, I have decided i will wait till the end of the day to check my email, sounds like a healthy thing to do...wonder if i will make it.

Guest NurseNathalie

it's doable! ;)

I got my email just after 9 am.. and had to wait until 2 or 3 pm to open it ! it was hard, but it sure made it that much more thrilling to read after such an agonizing morning lol

Guest KerriD

I was sitting by my computer, biting my nails, waiting and waiting last year. I was a wreck by the time that email came in (lol). I'm actually really glad that I am working this year on that date and will be highly distracted. It makes it a lot easier, I think.

Guest Filledunord

I'm concerned that if I open the email at work in the morning, and the news is devastating, (could I have used a more melodramatic word?!!! :P ) that I will find it torturous to focus on work the rest of the day (let alone, the week!)

Sigh...my plan is to wait until the end of the work day as well, but is it even possible to have that kind of willpower?! (I'm thinking back now to the time I wrote the computerized GRE test, and knew that I had not done well, but was so curious that I accepted to see my marks anyway [which means you enter your score into the records] )

My track record for maintaining composure in these sorts of deals is not good! :rollin

Guest Isoceles

I will be waking up in Saskatchewan that morning, as I am going to visit family (for the first time in about 7 years!!!) with my mom. So... I could check it in the morning on my cousin's computer, but then if it's bad news I will have to mourn on the 8 hour car trip home... and I don't really want to do that to myself or my mom!!! :P

So I think I will have to suck it up and wait until I get home in the evening... which is NOT going to be easy! :\

Guest fingerscrossed06

I admire those of you with that kind of self-control, cause I sure have none! I remember the days when the interview invites went out and I checked my email at least every 10 mins, if not every 5. Good news, or bad news, I'm way to curious.

Guest acarpent1

Whooot!! 15!! That is NOT a lot of days.. I think (for me) now is the the time to relax (or something).. because AFTER the 15th, it's a new ballgame either way.. no way to go back to blissful ignorance.

Guest karner blue

I've been handling the wait fairly well so far but now that we're two weeks away from "the" email/letter, I can't help thinking that the fifteenth is 15 days away!!!! And while 15 days can pass rather quickly, it now seems like they'll just drag on, keeping me in perpetual suspense!

Guest Anna

you guessed it....

aaaaaaaannnnnnddddddddd 14...:rollin

for some reason I am oddly comforted by this countdown :P

Anna :)

Guest Filledunord

Hmmm... I was much more anxious when "judgment day" was far away. Now that it is close, I feel that I have been able to come to terms with the outcome, whatever it may be.

and....the weather has turned beautiful!!! (er, that is, when I get a glimpse of it from my windowless tiny closet space on the umpteenth floor in the middle of a massive hospital). :|

Guest Filledunord

Ronin- The worst part is that I can't really "personalize" my closet space since I am not the only one that uses the office! I am often shuffled around due to limited office space (from the Western to the General, several times a week).

If it were up to me, I'd drill a hole in the ceiling several floors above and have a makeshift skylight...heh heh... :hat

Guest NurseNathalie

first,there were cereal killers... and now CUBICLE KILLERS!!!

that's it, I'm outraged! ... what's this world coming to!

Runnnn Ronin! save yourself from the killer cubicle!

8o

Guest Ronin

I think the cubicle is more like a weird haunted house or something. You know, it's not really DOING anything, but it's making me go crazy just having to look at it all day.

I could personalize it, since it is "my" cubicle (I'm oh so proud), but then I'd just feel like one of the workers from "Office Space". And that doesn't really give me much of an ego boost.

fille - if we both get into NOSM, we can have a UHN party.

Archived