Premed 101 Forums

The Wait

Guest acarpent1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest opiedog

Yes, it's hell when a bunch of people know whats behind your personal door #1, and won't let you know!~

Meanwhile, and on the bright side of life, one more day has gone by.

Guest Filledunord

*groan*

Isoceles, It's official: That last social psych Masters program rejected me. My backup plan is officially the current job I have.

And with every day, I get more and more pessimistic about my NOSM chances....

*insert thunder cloud and rain imagery here*

sigh....

Guest Isoceles

Aw, Fille that totally sucks!

Keep your chin up :\

No letter from London again today... I am getting nervous about it.

Well, in less than a week we can appropriately mourn or celebrate, and just deal with it all either way... sigh...

Guest acarpent1

Dear Fille: CHIN UP! Who cares about a plan B when you're plan A IS going to pan out! Honestly.. I know how easy it is to get pessimistic.. i got my plan b acceptance 2 weeks later than everyone else (lost in the mail), so accepted that I didn't get in (it was based on an interview too), & started thinking that was reflective of how I'd do elsewhere.. and feeling disheartened.. I know it's not the same, and I'm sorry that you didn't get your plan b (god knows how much more secure you can feel with a safety net that would make you happy), but just remember.. that plan b, was different of your plan a, in in ALL LIKELIHOOD, it is NOT reflective of how you'll do on monday (no matter what happens)! I feel for you.. but as they say.. Chin Up, Chest out! haha.. If you were amazing enough to beat out 2000 people and get an interview, then you're amazing enough to get in! (that goes for everybody)..

Isoceles.. GOOD LUCK.. but really.. to you all.. I REALLY wish that you all lived close to here (here, being Sault Ste. Marie).. because I think what we could ALL use is some fun conversation, food, laughs and margarita's.. AND REALLY, whether we're accepted monday or not.. we have f'n earned them!! ;)

Guest Anna

Heya Fille,

I agree with Isoceles and acarpent...Keep your chin up!

You need to focus on the fact that what you want to be is a doctor, not a psychologist. They probably knew this and knew you'd get into med school and so decided appropriately :)

One week and we can all make the appropriate plans. So close yet so far away...come on Monday!

Anna :\

Guest KerriD

Hey acarpent,

I"m in the Soo as well. A margarita party would be a welcomed distraction at this point. I wonder if there are any others who applied in SSM?

K

Guest KerriD

Hey Fille,

I've been down that Psychology road myself and some of the graduate program in that field are just as difficult to get accepted to as medicine. In some cases, more so because they only admit 2-3 ppl into the program each year (i.e. Clinical Psychology). I'm a firm believer that things certainly work out the way they should in the end. Hang in there! :)

Kerri

Guest acarpent1

Hey Kerri

Did you interview in Sudbury April 1st with the morning group?? I think I might have met you.. if not.. then there's another girl definately waiting.. and I know two guys here that also had interviews.. but also had interviews elsewhere..

Guest Filledunord

Thanks for the kind words KerriD...

Psychology is a very competitive field, it's true.

I could just be engaging in goal-distancing,* but I am more interested in meds anyway....

*protecting the ego by allowing yourself to believe that you didn't really want the thing you couldn't have

Hmmm...I know a few people from the Soo from my days as a competitive swimmer! One of them is currently in meds at Ottawa U...

Guest KerriD

Hey Acarpent,

I interviewed April first, but in the afternoon. So you met other Saulites I take it? I wonder how many applied from our city. Yes, I'm trying to wait it out like everyone else and pretend that I'm not totally pre-occupied with May 15th!

Kerri

Guest KerriD

Hey Fille,

No problem. The Soo is a small town, so chances are I might even know your friend at Ottawa U. Let's hope all goes well for us next week!

Kerri

Guest Isoceles

PHEW!!! :eek

Just got my letter from London - Plan B is now confirmed. What a relief.

That said... COME ON Plan A!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest Anna

Heya Isoceles,

Congratulations are in order!!! Way to go :) ....that being said..I totally agree with you...Come on Maaaay 15th and Plan AAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Woo Hoo!

Anna :)

Guest Filledunord

And may I add my congrats as well....that's great Isoceles!!!

England is not so bad for a "consolation" prize!!! :rollin

Guest uoft Chemistry

hey guys,

I didnt interview at NOSM, but a few other ontario med skools, but this thread was awesome, it totally summed up what I went through the last 6 painful weeks....good luck u all..

Me :)

Guest Anna

Heya Uoft Chemistry,

Yeah I agree with you..this thread has aptly captured the essence of applying to medical school quite nicely: psychological torture, nervousness, angst at not knowing what our futures hold, yet tied in enthusiasm, energy, camaraderie and optimism ;)

I wish you all the best on Monday at getting into the school of your choice :)

Guest Filledunord

I'm gonna take over Anna's job....

Twwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Et....pour les francophones et francophiles: Il y a seulement DEUX jours de reste!

Réjouissez de votre fin de semaine tout l'monde! ;)

Guest Anna

Heya Fille....

Thanks a bunch...I thought I'd let someone else do the honours :P last night

Caaaannnnn''ttttttt waaaaiitttt annnyyy looonggger!!!!

Archived