Premed 101 Forums

The Wait

Guest acarpent1

Guest acarpent1

30 Days.

haha..

I need a hobby.. bad.

Anyone care to speculate on the waitlist this year.. chances that offers will be less or more than the 27 that were offered last year?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Isoceles

I know they will be emailing the first round of offers on May 15th, but what about the waitlist? Will they send emails about that on the 15th too, (ie/ did they last year?) or will we have to wait longer to find out if we still have a chance or are truly rejected... :|

Guest Kidha

Hey Guys!

I am pretty sure that people that were waitlisted found out on the same day last year. People that were rejected also found out at the same time last year...i was one of them. Hobbies are the best way to go........

Guest Filledunord

popcorn:

They got to 27 down the waitlist, as acarpent said at the beginning of the thread.

Does anyone know what the heading of the email says if you're accepted/waitlisted/rejected? Is it a standardized heading, or is the news displayed right away? (ie., NOSM-offer of admission OR the dreaded NOSM-notice of rejection, or some equally dismal wording)

Any guess on what time the notices are sent out?

Since I have been rejected by all clinical psych programs that I have applied to (well, ok, there's one left that I haven't heard from) this really feels like my "only chance" (this year anyway).

Blah.

Er, judging from my watch, it's almost uh, 29 days left....

:\

Guest acarpent1

It's so wierd that in 29 days (haha) we will all know our fates.. at least in regards to med school.. except if we're waitlisted.. then it's MORE WAITING! I feel like "waiting" is some skill that they're trying to drive into us.. wait to hear about the interview, wait to hear about being accepted/rejected/waitlisted, wait to see if you get off the waitlist.. I mean.. I can handle a bit of waiting.. but the fact that it starts on October 3rd and for some people doesn't end until September 1st.. can that be good for your body even? :P

I wish I was one of those people who can just let it go and say "whatever happens will be for the best" .. i mean, I believe that, but I find it SO hard not to be keyed up & excited/anxious ESPECIALLY when the deadlines get close! 4 weeks will go by like a BLINK.

On a side note: Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!

Guest popcorn girl

how many were on the overall list, that they took the 27 from? 30, 45?? it will be a long day, may 15. they were very good about the interviews so this should be prompt as well.

Guest northerndoc

I am not sure if this brings any peace but the email subject line last year did not let you know what the contents of the email were going to say. The memory of opening that email are still the most amazing in my mind; an answered prayer, given the fact that I was sure I wouldn't get in after looking at the crowd during interview weekend. But here is the subject title.

"Northern Ontario School of Medicine Admissions Notice"

I read that email again today as I hunted for the title to share and it still is enough to make my heart beat a little faster!!

Good luck to all those who are waiting!!

Guest Filledunord

Thanks northerndoc!

After reviewing the interview offer header, I thought that my fate would be sealed in the email title as well (since it said "Offer of Interview"). :eek

Ugh..yep. The interview crowd seemed like tough competition...but someone has to fill those spots!

Guest anadaki

Hi, The time on my e-mail was 9:30 am when I found out I was accepted. I hope you are all coping okay, I found the two weeks before the longest days. Good Luck

Guest Isoceles

The wait will never end...

Oh yeah, and I'm jumping in with the 'desperately hoping for the waitlist' people! :P

PS - Fille: I totally think you have a good shot at a first-rounder!

Guest popcorn girl

ISO

what do you know that we dont that gives you such faith in our >: Fille??

I have no fingernails:< i keep thinking "should have said" "why did i say"....

Guest popcorn girl

ISO/Fille

i dont know how that angry ugly face ended up in my last message, i dont even know how to use them, i had trouble posting, nothing was intended Fille

Guest NACHO174

Hey!

I've been trying not to look at this forum, it raises my blood pressure! The wait is killing me! :)

But since i'm here, i have a question for those in the know!

For those that got accepted last year did the school contact any of your 3 referee's? I am wondering if this is an indicator of acceptance/waitlist???

Thanks!

Nacho,

Guest opiedog

For those that waiting....the emails for offers of acceptance, waitlist purgatory, or "thanks for coming out" that went out last year went out all on the same day. I was sitting at my desk in a fairly intense meeting when mine popped in to the computer, was it ever hard to stay contained!

There are 56 waitlist spots planned, which is the same as last year as well.

None of my declared activity or personal reference persons were contacted, but others in the class mentioned that theirs were. So you can't really count on them not contacting, or contacting, as a hint to your status.

Good luck everyone!

Guest NurseNathalie

Good luck everyone!

I remember waiting for the invites to come out last year... waiting is not a fun game! but at least, they send the emails fairly early, so its less torturous...

just a reminder to check your junkmail folder if you haven't received anything by lunch time... last year, a friend's email got filtered directly into her junk mail folder!

Guest popcorn girl

400 is a lot of emails to send out, are they alphabetical or winner first?

Do they get together that weekend and decide our fate?

Archived