Premed 101 Forums

The Wait

Guest acarpent1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kidha

Close but not quite there yet. From some of the posts i can tell there are others that might be going crzy like myself...lol. I wish it was the 15th today!

Guest Isoceles

Nice work acarpent... LOL!

I swear, if I somehow manage to get in I am printing off this thread and scrapbooking it! Yes... I am a dork...:P

PS: Hey Fille, did you ever hear back from your other psych program?? I am STILL waiting for a letter from England re: my plan B....:\

Guest Filledunord

Hey Isoceles,

Actually, I called the school in question and they said that a batch of rejection letters were sent out, but I'm not among them! I think I'm on some kind of waiting list...Once the premium students make their decision to go elsewhere (hopefully), I will then be formally invited to join the program (my hypothesis).

Perhaps I will give a call to them right now..... :|

Guest acarpent1

hahaha

I seriously hope we all get to meet! It'll be hilarious (and relieving) to potentially see people in class and finally put a face to a screen name! ... and as soon as the formalities of the meet & greet are done we'll have to go OUT FOR DRINKS!! haha;)

Guest Anna

teee heee acarpent....definitely would be cool to see everyone in person...although a few of us already have done the drinking thing, but hey i hear alcohol gets better with time :P

aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddddddddd...............10

;) Anna :)

Guest acarpent1

hahhahaa ANNA -- I bet alcohol gets even better with RELIEF & EXTATIC EXCITEMENT. I'm willing to test the theory anyway! TEN DAYS.. Isoceles is right.. this IS getting Serious!!:rollin

Haha.. another thing about this board.. Anna.. I'd guess you're female, and I'd guess Fille is female, but for everybody else, it's hard to tell! Did we already have a thread about this?

Guest Isoceles

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I am starting to get a teeny little bit antzy.... :eek

STILL no word from England, and I think that is getting to me... my newfound calmness WRT med school was largely due to my assumption that an attractive plan B would be firmly in place WELL before I learned of my NOSM fate :\

(Fille - did you call? That sounds very hopeful!! :D )

Anyway...yeah...just felt the need to complain!!

Oh, and Fille and Anna (plus some other less frequent posters on this board), who I met at interviews, know that I am also of the female variety, for the curious. :P

Guest Filledunord

Hey Isoceles, I did call, but once again, the Program Director is MIA...I may find out my NOSM fate sooner!

Almost getting into the single digits in the obsessive countdown....

Guest Anna

heya acarpent....

you suggesting that a male couldn't be named Anna >: lol that's making an assumption :x ....pffft fine you're right :b and yes alcohol should get better with ecstatic excitement...i also hear it gets better with age:smokin

and Isosceles...we gotta have a repeat on the night on the town we had after the interviews ..it was like i found my long lost best friend...come baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!:hat

I'll be back at midnight to continue our countdown...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Anna :)

Guest acarpent1

i think she meant.. she'd find out about NOSM sooner than she'd find out about her plan B.. & that's rough man! (although.. hopefully you won't require the plan b & It'll be a MUTE POINT!!) haha

Guest Anna

and I am back...yes I have nothing else on my mind except...

........NIIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEEEE DDDDDDDDAAAAAAYYSS........

:|

Guest opiedog

Oh my gosh, I remember far too well feeling like you seem to, last year before the invites came out.

You might want to practice holding your breath now, because you sure will feel like you need to on the email invite day. All the best of luck to all of you, and whatever you do, if you don't get the news you were praying for, don't give up.

In the meantime, if you are joining us next year, it is a really good idea to brush up on organic chemistry and citric acid cyle stuff. If I had to start the year again, it would be after having relearned that. The school had mentioned possibly giving incoming students ideas of what they might want to brush up on, hopefully they will do that. If they don't, consider connecting with a first year class member and see if there are any basic science areas that you might want to review.

Good luck! It might not seem like it now, but the time will fly. by.

Guest Isoceles

1 WEEK TO GO!!

I am definitely into obsession mode now...

Good luck gang, may we all retain our sanity for a few days longer... ;)

and thanks Opiedog, for the words of wisdom and of encouragment :)

Guest anadaki

Hi, I thought I would share a thought will all who waits for a coveted seat at NOSM, I wish all of you could get in but we know that only 56 will prevail, so as I waited, someone told me this. Gaining a seat into medical is dependent on an equation, politics, marks, human response and hard work. Based on that I had only control over 50% of the equation and the rest is up to whomever or whatever you believe. I write this to let you know that if you do not get in, it is not all your fault and that please do not allow this as a poor reflection of your ability to gain access into school. If this is what you want, then continue to pursue that. I believe my class is made up of all parts of that equation. If you do get in, I agree with opiedog brush up on that science and be prepared to get in touch with your independent learning side. If you don't get in apply again and make friends with someone on admissions (I am kidding, that never works...) Good Luck to all of you

Guest Anna

Heya Nacho!!!! Long time no see or talk...how are you holding up????? Seven days....seven measly days to wait!!!! AHHHHHHHHHhh....I am holding up pretty good....I have been taking my doggy to all the neat Thunder Bay outdoor attractions and walking around with her. Beautiful weather we have up here lately....well minus a tad bit of rain.

Anywho, how are people doing? and to opiedog and anadaki thank you so much for your support and encouragement in case some of us on here do not make it into NOSM.

Cheers,

Guest Filledunord

I'm working, as always.....since I've been out of school for a year and some change now. Though the projects are getting more and more intense, and "urgent".

I'm also taking part in a runway (fashion show) thingie for a company I do hair modeling for...so prep for the show along with getting over a nasty flu/cold are taking up my time this week!

Anyone else?

Guest doobs25

Hey NOSM forum people!

I've been lurking around this post for a while now, but never took the time register and join in, and since it's getting so close to THE day, and that I'm not wokring today, thought I'd join in the thread. Fille, I've been working for a year off too, and seriously I can't wait to get back to school! Not that I don't like my work, but since I'm grossly underpaid and I don't want to do this for the rest of my life... I can't wait to be back in school for my true calling..... 7 days people... Hang in there!

Doobs

Guest kingrad

Just think.....

the medical class for this coming september has been chosen by now. someone knows!

this week is gonna go by soooo slowwwww.

Archived