Premed 101 Forums

The Wait

Guest acarpent1

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey Anna,

Thanx for the message, I really hope that you will get into the school of ur choice as well comes Monday. What are u guys all doing this weekend? (besides celebrating Mother's Day ofcourse)...........I don't know about everyone else but comes sunday night it will be tough to actually sleep....well good luck everyone, time is flying by for me this weekend...

Me :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spidey077

Well, it has been torture, but the time is almost here. At least we could all get some enjoyment out of this thread!

I think that what is even more torturous is writing my thesis while waiting for Monday to come. The combo of the two has put me on the edge! All i do is think about one or the other :rolleyes .

Good luck to all on Monday

Guest Anna

Heya spidey,

That does not sound like much fun at all....but come Monday all the waiting will be over.

Is your thesis undergrad or master's level? What is it on?

Sorry, now I am being nosey :P

Anna :)

Guest spidey077

Actually its a PhD thesis...Biochemistry...

....regulation of CK2...blah, blah, blah....

...only a couple more chapters to go...

Guest acarpent1

ONE DAY!!0]

The wait is almost over.. 24 hours and we might know (Kidha, didn't you say you got the email around 9:30am?).. in any event, this is starting to feel like christmas.. I just want to go to sleep now so that tomorow comes faster (and it's only 10 am).. and I still don't know if I've been "good" enough to get coal or a bike. Haha.

I hope everybody reading this has a lovely mothers day.. it's so strange to feel like you're "in it" with internet strangers.. but there is comfort in knowing that we're all going through the same strange hell & excitement. Good luck tomorow!!:D

Guest uoft Chemistry

acarpent1

certainly agree w/ you there. And yes can't wait till tomorrow morning but in a way all suddenly I find myself actually scared of opening the mail box or my email next morning, darn we worked soooo HARD for this. I certainly bought plenty of drinks, either way this deserves a few good drinks. Happy Mother's Day everyone, and good luck tomorrow.

Guest Filledunord

I hear ya, uoftchem...I am kind of dreading the ceremonial opening of my inbox tomorrow since all this time, there has been reason to hope, but once your status is revealed, it is final, and there is no more room for speculation; that is, as long as you're not on the waiting list... :P

Guest Anna

LOVE the analogy acarpent....I'm too amped to sleep..I have been trying to find things to occupy my time...reading hasn't worked...seems as I am reading my mind starts wandering to what will I do if I don't get in...and then I switched books to one with a doctor in it...that was a bad idea...I was reading the book and seeing myself as the doc haha....the rain FINALLY stopped here in TBay (rain for 6 days straight prior to med school results equals one cranky and bored applicant) so I got out to one of the parks with my pooch and that helped, but I am running out of things to do. I may resort to sudoku haha.

God bless everyone and hope to see you all in the fall!

Guest Kidha

Hey acarpent and everyone else!

To you question acarpent I can't be absolutely sure when the email got to me as I no longer have it saved. I believe that it was not in my box at 800 but shortly thereafter. Now remember that I am from BC so that was already about 1100 in Ontario.

How do I feel? I feel worried and not as hopeful as I did after the interview. But one way or another its over tomorrow. Unless you waitlist lol..which is painful in a different way.

Anyways Best of Luck to all. For some we will celebrate for others we will complain ... but that's jus the way it is.

Guest sandy apple

To acarpent1 - Well said!!! :lol Bring on the new bike!

FYI- Last year my email came at 11:42am (In Ontario).

Hopefully they come earlier this year so I can actually get some work done (Not going in until I know...cannot face another day of "So, have you heard yet?")

Guest acarpent1

... I recommend greys anatomy.. because... it's medical.. it's dramatic & funny (shows that there is MORE to life than just the DOC part of you!).. AND because it's almost the final episode, it should be great.. even for those of you who don't watch often!

Why is this day taking so damn long! Like fille said though.. after tomorow.. there is no speculation.. I know it's sick.. but I wonder if a part of me will miss it... haha.. probably only if I don't get in.

Guest Anna

Gotta LOVE Grey's Anatomy...that was a given thing for me to do to pass the time, but that only takes up one hour of the night :P Oye, and why is Dr. McDreamy being such an arse towards Meredith?...he can go back to his wife and ditch Meredith, but she can't be with the vet...come on! sheesh...

Sorry for the ramble! lol

Guest Icarus07

Well, it looks like you've all made it this far. Nice to see all the encouragement in this thread. Only about 12 more hours to go. Good luck to everyone who's waiting for an email. I'm sure some of you who aren't feeling very confident at the moment will be pleasantly suprised.

Last year my acceptance email came at 9:03 am and was titled, "Northern Ontario School of Medicine Admissions Notice", so keep and eye on your inbox (and hopefully not your junk mail folder becuase that would be an unfortunate email to miss). I don't know why, but some students received their emails much later so don't be suprised if you receive one earlier or haven't heard yet and it's approaching lunch time. Whenever you get your email, I highly recommend doing what I did and take the rest of the day off. You deserve it.

Good luck!

Guest acarpent1

Hey! Thanks for posting the time of your email.. that was kind! haha

I'm starting to agree with someone else on the thread who said something about being nervous about opening the email.. once it's open it's open.. I hate to be so dramatic.. it's like this wait is changing my personality! :P

Guest uoft Chemistry

acarpent1

Yes that was me, once its open it's open......and to think about all the dedication we put into it all these years, wow with 1 email it can make or break you...I really do wish everyone of us gets in cause we all deserve it.....I dont know about u guys but its like 12:00 am soon and I can't seem to head off to bed :o .......

Good luck friends...

Guest Filledunord

yep...I hear what you're saying: It's nearly 1am and I feel neurotically awake. I have to get up early for work, but the sandman is just not summoning me at all. In fact, I think he's laughing at me a little....

:\

Guest uoft Chemistry

LOL, yup same here, I'm sure we're all out here thinking tonight. Hope u got an alarm clock for next morning :D

Archived