Premed 101 Forums

marks?

Guest chrissy

Guest chrissy

hi,

i'm hoping to get into the U of A (inprovince) after 2 or 3 years. i was wondering if a mark of 10VR, 12PS, 12BS, Q on the MCAT was good enough to get an interview, or if I should rewrite it. Also, my GPA is 8.5, do I even have a chance at an interview/admission this early?

chrissy

your gpa is 8.5? Im ignorant, i didnt know that there was such a thing, so i cant tell u if it's high enough at any school. However, what i can tell you is that your mcat scores are high enough for sure. U of A only asks for a min of thirty, with a grace of only one 7 (at the most, and nothing lower)....and you qualify for these restrictions....as for marks...check their website....it should have some info.

Guest UofA man

Your MCAT marks are fine if you are considering UofA after 4 years (the avg last year was between 30-31), they do not not look at the written section (but that might change in the future). Your GPA is fine as well. however they are more concerned with the prerequisite GPA. That being said, most of the students that get in after 2 or 3 years have very high scores, prerequisites near 9 and MCAT above 36. But try anyway, Interviews, reference letters and the essay compose about half your admission criteria. Take a look at their web page, look under admissions and the FAQ's.

Guest UofA man

Hey Sachy just to let you know the UofA uses a 9 point grading scale. And there is no minimum MCAT scores for UofA, except they will not take scores under 7 in any section.

Archived