Premed 101 Forums

Accepted!!!

Guest physiology

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest threeputt

I got home late tonight, shaking from the anticipation of checking my mail - and, I got in! I still can't quite believe it. I thought my interview wasn't that great either...

I'll be in Vancouver, live in New Westminster. This is my third time applying, 2nd time interviewed at UBC. Congrats to everyone else that got in!

btw, sorry about starting that rumour that letters were sent out LAST Friday... I should know better than to trust such rumours (though I thought the source was credible!) I guess he wasn't far off the mark though!

Guest mymomthinksimacatch

Well Miller, I'm right there with you. Guess we're about to learn why the call it a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOONNNGGG weekend... :rolleyes

Guest chocolatechips

hey ubcpharmer:

are you in 4th yr pharmacy? maybe I know you...I graduated last year...

I am in too :rollin

See you all in August !!

Guest 4EverRose

Got accepted into VFMP. Lived in Richmond and got the mail sometime between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm. Still think I am dreaming here. Anyways, congrats to everyone who got accepted and look forward to see you all in August.

Guest Koppertone

Hey congrats to all of you who were accepted! :) Unfortunately I was rejected so it's for sure that I'll be heading off to UManitoba to learn medicine, but hey things could be worse ;)

Guest pokadot42

Hi! I'm actually in India and just got email from my mom this morning that I'm in!!! This whole country feels like a dream so none of it has really sunk in yet! I'm so excited. But, a bit confused, since I am accepted for Victoria (my 2nd choice) and waitlisted for PG (my 1st). The reason I'm confused is that I thought Vic would be much more popular than PG! Anyone agree ? I would still prefer the northern program but am totally excited about either of the new programs. I just never would have guessed that I would be going to Vic, I thought if not PG, then Van. So, I'm surprised!

I imagine that not many ppl who have been chosen for PG will relinquish their spots, so I'm not holding out too much hope!

Congratulations to everyone!!! :D

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

Congratulations everyone! That's great stuff to read. :D

I arrive home from Glasgow tomorrow, so hopefully the postman will be nice next week. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest soapyslicer

Hi Everyone,

Last night went out to dinner with my hubby and two kids to a friends house. The guy is a chef and wow what an incredible dinner we had. The whole thing was made even better when my husband produced a large brown envelope. He had actually gotten to the mailbox when I was out(mailman was in on it) and took out the envelope but left the rest of the mail. There I was thinking I was going to have to wait all weekend. Anyways was accepted to PG. Celebrated with martini's and great wine. Still seems somewhat surreal this am. I keep re-reading the letter wondering if it is a mistake.

Congrats to everyone,

soapy

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there soapy,

That's a bit of a coincidence--I just posted a wee note on another thread, wondering about you! CONGRATULATIONS! :D So there you go: that teeny interview length was a great thing after all! What a journey you've had, and what a great ending!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest ubcpharmer

Hey chocolatechips

I am in 4th year this year and will be graduating. I think you may know me. send a message to my ez inbox:)

Guest notamedic

Congrats to all those accepted- do you mind sharing what your overall GPA and last 60 GPA is?

......this will give others a realistic view!

Thanks.

Guest shrimp

On the letter of acceptance, when is the deadline that you ppl have to reply to accept UBC offer? Thanks!

Hopefully some of the UBC accepted students will also be accepted by other med schools (e.g. UT will have the result out on 28th) and then I can get off the waitlist! =) This will be a long summer!

Anyone of you have a guess on how many ppl are on the waitlist this year? Thanks! :)

And, in the acceptance package, is there information about federal and provincial student loans?

Guest walkorbike

Congratulations, everyone! Soapyslicer, what a great story. I am sure your husband made your letter-carrier's day with his surprising scheme; that is just beautiful!

-walkorbike

Guest physiology

Hello Shrimp,

The deadline is June 11. However, I don't know when the FINAL deadline is (ie. when you have to ONE school from multiple acceptances).

Congrats Soapy!

Guest Bleepo

Hey Kirsteen,

No news yet in Ontario |I ... looks like it'll be an extra LONG weekend ...hehe .. Good luck! ...then again, I don't think you'll need it :b

Guest 4EverRose

Shrimp - Inside the acceptance package there is a Student Financial Assistance Handbook prepared by UBC Med in which there is info on various funding resources, including federal and provincial loan. It seems like a lot of the information inside the handbook can also be found at the website www.med.ubc.ca/md/financi.../index.htm

And to soapy, I have read your journey to med school application in the other thread. What a great ending for you! It is another great example of preserverance and believing in yourself ultimately lead to success. Congrats and hope you will have a great time with your family during the summer before school starts :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Bleepo,

Thanks for the Ontario update. I'm in Heathrow at the moment, and quite looking forward to getting back near my mailbox. :) Best of luck to you this week. I'm looking forward to reading some of your good news. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest soapyslicer

4everrose,

Thanks. Will be having a great time with the kids, but also trying to treat myself a bit before the chaos begins. Am still a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. I think when it takes so many tries to get in it is almost surreal when you get a positive. You are just so used to saying "OK what do I have to do get better for next year".

Congrats on getting in, looking forward to meeting everyone in August.

PS. Don't buy any books yet. There will be a used book sale in the first couple of weeks.

soapy

Archived