Premed 101 Forums

Requisite Courses taken during Master's

Guest kerpal85

Guest kerpal85

My brother, who is currently doing his Master's in electrical/biomedical engineering is planning to apply to medical schools this year (Ottawa, McMaster and Northern Ontario). He took the chem/bio/biochem courses that are needed for Ottawa during his first year of grad school. However, the OMSAS application requires that the applicant only enter marks for courses that were taken during undergrad. Is there anyway that these science courses (taken during grad school) can be listed in his application?? They are important courses that Ottawa will need to see...

Would appreciate any input on the matter!

Thanks.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It used to be possible to add two sections within the "Education" section of the OMSAS application for any one academic year. I was in a similar position as your brother as I completed an organic chemistry course as well as some other undergraduate courses, while I was completing my MBA. I added two sections to the "Education" section--one to include the undergraduate courses, and the other to include the Masters work. I'm not sure if the OMSAS application still permits this, as it's been a couple of years since I tackled it, but if not, tell your brother to call OMSAS and ask how to handle this.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived