Premed 101 Forums

Deferrals....

Guest newibe24

Guest newibe24

Deferrals:

Does anybody have the inside scoop on the deferral process? I am aware that about 20% of applicants are deferred to be reassessed at in the end of June. Any ideas how many seats are traditionally leftover for this last meeting? Is the waiting list made exclusively from the deferrals? Any info would be greatly appreciated…the wait just keeps getting longer and longer….

To every one is in the same boat…Good Luck!

Guest JewelLeigh

To answer your questions:

- Inside scoop: All I know is what you probably already know: people are deferred when the committee is not sure that the applicant will be in the top 80. Thus, they would like to review the file again once they have seen the entire pool and can thus make a more direct comparison.

- I have no idea how many spots are left (I can't imagine that anyone will be able to provide this type of "insider" information.)

- At the end of the process, all applicants have either been accepted, rejected or deferred. The deferral pile is reviewed again, with some people being accepted (filling the remaining seats), some people being rejected, and the rest being put on the wait list. As such, the waitlist is made up of people who were deferred.

The good thing is...in a few more weeks you will hopefully all have an answer. Even if that answer is "waiting list," Dalhousie will let you know your position on the waitlist as well as the typical number reached on the waitlist in past years. So...hopefully that means that almost everyone will be able to make plans for the fall withing a few more weeks :)

Good luck!

Archived