Premed 101 Forums

waitlist?

Guest Gill0927

Guest Gill0927

Hi everyone,

First off, congrats to everyone who was accepted!!!!!!

I just have a quick question...I just got my mail, and although I haven't yet heard from UWO or UT, I got on waiting lists for both Queen's and UO. I know that Ottawa has a 'good' and a 'bad' waiting list, but I don't know if the letters for each are any different...are they? I just got a letter saying that I was on a waiting list and that I"ll be notified if my name is at the top when a vacancy opens up. Any insight into this would be great.

Thanks, and congrats again to all the future doctors!

Gill

Guest FrenchyMed

Congratulations!

You are on the "good" waitlist!

If you're on the "bad" list, your letter contains an extra sentence that says something along the lines:

"based on your position on the list, your odds of getting accepted are pretty low so don't hold your breath".

At least, that's what I got last year...

Guest dantheman30

I also recieved a waitlist letter... it says

"Your name has been placed on a waiting list. You will be notified by telephone or letter at your permanent address if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before september"

So does this mean i am on the "good" wait list or do all applicants who are not accepted recieve this letter?

Thanks!

Dan

Im kinda of mad though, because i recieved the 'fake email' early in may!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Here is the second paragraph in the "bad" waitlist letter:

"Your name has been placed on a waiting list. However, I must inform you, that, given your rank on this list, you are unlikely to receive an offer."

May you not read one of these in your Ottawa letters. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Tanya24

Yes, people have been admitted from the bad waitlist in past years. However, not in this last admissions cycle. I know of at least one person who was good waitlisted and didn't get offered admission. But you never know! Changes every year. The 250 lowest composite scores are bad waitlisted. The top 123 are offered admission. Everyone in the middle goes on the good waitlist. They have a good chance.

Guest g22g

Hi Kirsteen,

Ottawa's loss! Bigtime!

My fingers are crossed for you for U of T and congrats for you for the acceptance at U of C.

g22g

Guest Nightriders19

Hi Kirsteen,

I'm with you there on the bad waitlist. I can't say I'm too sad about it though. I've already got an acceptance, so I'm just happy that I'm going somewhere in September. Needless to say, I had a (ahem) less than wonderful interview (actually, it may just have been one of the worst experiences of my life), so I was not expecting much.

Anyway, a HUGE congrats to everyone who got an acceptance and a good waitlist...folks, we are gonna be doctors!!!!!!!

Nightrider

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

g22g and Nightriders19: ta! :D

In this past year's application experience Ottawa struck me as being a really great school. I would have been happy to be part of the class and I'm sure the incoming class of 2008 will have a fabulous experience. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived