Premed 101 Forums

Time Zone specification to beat the Oct. 1 deadline

Guest stallion001

Guest stallion001

UBC, unlike UofC, does not make it clear as to when we can hand in our applications in (i.e. time). For the Oct 1 deadline, can i hand in my application from Ontario at 11:59PM eastern standard time (8:59PM in Vancouver), or can I hand in my application at 2:59AM OCT2 eastern standard time to beat the Oct 1 deadline in Vancouver

I am having some problems with the UBC application - too many bugs....so I just want to make sure that I won't run out of time!

Guest festering turtle

Not an answer, but another question. DOes the Oct.1 deadline mean we have to have the application in BEFORE Oct.1 or ON Oct.1?

Guest Ian Wong

Why wouldn't you just put in the effort to get the thing done three hours early??? This is your med school application after all, and not something you should be one-offing scant hours before it is due.

Hypothetically speaking, you'd feel pretty darn stupid to have gone through all those pre-req courses and the MCAT only to miss the application deadline at the wire...

Ian

Guest Kirsteen

Um, well it's now 3:44am Toronto time, and as of six minutes ago, the UBC online application system is not allowing access to the application. (I had printed page 7 of 13 pages of my complete application, just prior to pressing "submit", when I was booted out of the system. :x )

I've just scoured the UBC website and there is no mention of a Sept. 30th, midnight, cut-off time--it's simply Oct. 1st. Hopefully the Admissions Office can sort this out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

where are we supposed to list academic awards? i'm looking right now and all i see is non academic.

i too was kicked off but i talked to the admissions office today who informed me that the deadline was ON oct 1 and not before it.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there lex,

Good to know that you've spoken to them! I'm just attempting to login now, so hopefully it works. (Nope, it didn't. :rolleyes ) As to your question, you are supposed to list your academic awards on a separate sheet of paper and send that sheet in with your "Must Sign" form.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest kanayo101

Oh God! I'm freaking out! I was putting in my application last night too when the system crashed around midnight. I got my credit card # in, but then it just hung there doing nothing. I can't call them because their voicemail boxes are full. I've emailed Ms. Joy Bennett and hopefully she can help. I printed my application so I have proof of trying to submit it!

I also assumed the deadline meant end-of-business or end-of-day October 1st...just like a tax return or any other application I've ever done in my life!

ready to jump off a cliff,

d

:eek

I'm with you guys - this is a total nightmare.

I keep going back to the page and trying like an idiot to login -

but obviously nothing will happen until the UBC office opens this morning..

well - post if you have any luck or hear some news...

hang in there!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm not sure what time the Admissions Office opens, but given the grayness of the time deadline for submission, I'm sure the Office will be fair. Although, I imagine that it could be a bit of a pain to try to reset the application date/time. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest bcapplicant

Hi guys...like the rest of you I've been wondering what's been going on all night! I just called the admissions office and got through, this is what they told me:

The online application system is available until 11:59PM Pacific time tonight (Oct. 1). However, the system only allows a certain number of users at any time, and this is the busiest day of the year. As someone logs off, the next person can logon. So, you just have to keep on trying until you get through.

The office was supposed to open at 8:30, but I managed to get through just after 8. I'm not sure who I spoke to, but it sounded like the same voice as on their voicemail. If anybody else wants to call, the number is 604-822-4482. Good luck guys!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Has anyone managed to successfully log in yet?

This is a good lesson for any of us completing the online applications for any of the other schools this year. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

nothing here either.

I really think some part of the system must have crashed..

wouldn't they have a message saying something about "reaching the maximum number of users" instead of "system is inactive" ??

is there anything else we can do?

Guest McCarey007

Good luck to all of you submitting your application! I know how stressed you guys must be. I had a similar problem last year with OMSAS....the system grinds to a halt near the deadline. In fact, when I was working on OMSAS last night, the system already had signs of slowing down so word of advice...submit your OMSAS application ASAP!

Archived