Premed 101 Forums

interest free loans?

Guest justanotherpremed

Guest justanotherpremed

With all of this talk about prime interest i'm wondering... I have not borrowed any money to fund my undergrad. Now that I'm entering first year meds, is there any sources (prov or fed government for example) that may provide me with an interest free loan? If so, can you direct me in the right way? :hat :smokin

Guest physiology

Only provincial/federal loans will allow you to borrow sans interest, as far as I know.

Got any rich, childless uncles/aunties? There's another way :)

Guest gonzo23

Hello,

I too have never borrowed from the government for undergrad. However, if you are in Ontario and have been out of high school for 5+ years then you are more eligible for OSAP (you can get it on your own rather than be evaluated under your parents... which is usually why most people aren't eligible).

So I am eligible for OSAP now and will be taking full advantage of whatever I can get from them!

Cheers.

Guest dr deelish

I talked to someone from Admissions and Awards at UT and he said that OSAP is changing it's policy of non-dependent applicants as being out of highschool for 4 years and not 5 years (this corresponds to the criteria set out by federal loans). Thus, if you are coming out of fourth year, you stand a better chance of getting a lot more money than you would if you were evaluated under your parents' salaries.

• 1 year later...

Archived