Premed 101 Forums

offers?

Guest shetland23

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year mine was a thin, white, standard sized envelope. Moral of the story is... never pass judgement on the appearance of your mail.

Guest ManitobaUWO

Does anyone know what the "holding a few" letters are about? Or has anyone phoned and found out? I think ur guess is prob right silverjelly, lke if peoples transcripts showed up on the 11th or something, they couldn't be in the 15th batch.

But maybe its something else?

Guest silverjelly86

I didn't ask what Beth meant by that, 'cause she sounded a bit annoyed (she must be getting a lot of calls), but it didn't sound like those letters were in the second batch; they were in the first batch, but were not sent as early as Friday, May 12, which is apparently when the May 15 letters were actually mailed. I thought she meant that they were just holding on to them for a few days, not for as long as June 5.

But someone could call and find out . . . ?

(I can't do it; I think she'll recognize my voice by now. :P )

Guest JGracie

madz - they don't tell you specifically where you are on the waiting list, only which quarter (top, 2nd, 3rd, 4th).

silverjelly - i spoke to beth and she said that they were held back for "various reasons" but didn't explain. that's as close as i got to that answer. however, all the letters in the first batch have been sent out already.

Guest silverjelly86

Yeah, she gave me the generic answer as well. I was hoping that someone may find out more. I guess it doesn't matter though - wait for a letter, and hope for the best!

Guest ManitobaUWO

I heard that if biochem or english was in progress and your transcripts weren't recieved by admissions by the 8th (they had a final meeting that day), you were not eligible for the may 15th round.. so hopefully that calms some nerves

Guest silverjelly86

But like I said, I'm pretty sure that they were still in the May 15 round, but they were just delayed a few days.

Edit: That is, they were still mailed that week, just not as early as May 12.

Guest ManitobaUWO

So much waiting! :( to those still waiting (and going crazy), does anyone want to share their stats and/or impression of interview?

I thought my interview went ok I had a 12 and a 3.93 gpa

Guest NRC boy

holy moly a 12 MCAT and u didnt get ur letter yet, I think U of M is sniffing too much glue. Are u IP or OOP ManitobaUWO? Anyways, to answer ur question. I thought my interview was average, no where near as good as my mock interviews. I have a 10 MCAT and a 4.2 agpa. I do have some pretty spicy EC's and research shizz so lets hope that saves me. If not, I will be burning down the campus so beware Class of 2010, lol.

Guest VS12

yeah, a 12 MCAT and you still haven't heard back... crazy.

I've got a 9.75 and agpa of 3.9ish. I'm not really sure how my interview went... it's so hard to gauge and so hard to look back on it because you don't know if what you said was interpreted the right way, or if they liked your responses at all. with that said, I think that they liked that I asked good questions, and I *hope* I answered their questions well.

Guest sunE
If not, I will be burning down the campus so beware Class of 2010, lol.

lol damn it no! Wait until AFTER I graduate!!

Don't worry though, the date is coming. Hopefully all of the EZ board people get in. It would be nice to sort of have something in common with classmates. Plus everyone in the class would make reading these forums quite interesting....they can be pretty dead for periods of time...

And yeah a 12 MCAT is pretty c-r-a-z-y. What's that, like 95-97 percentile or something....I don't even know....just making up numbers...

Guest NRC boy

The first thing I shall do is burn the seat where Sun-E sits. Then I will focus my attention on finding what theater Jag is in and then burn his seat as well. After a few random seat burnings I give up my burning ways and go back to work. :hat

Guest Madz25

11.5 and 4.1 AGPA and a few ECs...nothing amazing like curing cancer...

My interview weng OK...I felt that my performance was "waitlist material" after it was over and it seems like I was right! Darn it, why am I so smart?! :P

Forgot to add - I'm OOP

Madz

Guest silverjelly86

IP, 10.5 MCAT, 4.3 (or around there) AGPA, interview alright, but also not as good as the mocks

Praying to GOD that I get in.

Guest sunE

It seems like there are very few of us who are applying to U of M and actually know about this ezboard forum....or care to post in it....majority of the people applying have no clue this site exists or don't care about it...

Guest Madz25

their loss SunE!!!

the applicants this year do look good! Hopefully most of you OOPers will be declining so I can have a spot ;)

Madz

Archived