Premed 101 Forums

offers?

Guest shetland23

Guest littlebuster

I'm IP and have a 4.4 GPA and an 11 MCAT, couple years volunteering and I work in a hospital. Unfortunately, I felt my interview went really bad... Still, June 5th can't come soon enough!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunE
I'm IP and have a 4.4 GPA and an 11 MCAT, couple years volunteering and I work in a hospital.

Wow, everyone has such amazing stats. This years upcoming class is going to be such over-achievers....lol....I joke, I kid I kid...

Guest hochunk

i'm IP with an 11.25 MCAT and just over 4 AGPA... two summers of research, two years volunteering at HSC, some sports... and still waiting for that f***'n letter!!

what does it take to get accepted here?!?

Guest silverjelly86

Huh - and I thought I had a chance with a 10.5!

It's weird - I know someone with a 10.25 and someone else with a 12.75 (yes, it's possible!) that both got in first round. The 10.25 must have had an amazing interview . . . or I had a really cr@ppy one. :eek

Guest littlebuster

I hear that to apply next year prerequisites will include at least 2 years volunteer experience in Africa and references from 2 people whose lives you've saved in a heroic fashion. ;)

Guest VS12

Good god.

Who are you people? There must be some more applicants with stats like mine... maybe they're all ashamed of their stats in light of the scores that have been posted. Maybe I was unlucky enough to have applied with a bunch of geniuses.

I was really hoping that the people left over for the second round would have scores similar to mine so that I'd at least have a fighting chance... I guess not!

Guest fromtheperimeter

I know a couple people who got letters first round with MCATs below 10, so hold in there...maybe everybody with high MCATs uses this board!!! hah

I was told that the class of 2009 had the highest stats at U of M thus far, I never did go back to compare us against other years. The competition is getting stiffer and stiffer each year, along with the class size growing each year too.

Guest silverjelly86

Jag, does that include this application round? That is, did the class of 2009 have even better stats than this year's applicants (for class of 2010)?

Guest JGracie

vs12, my stats are like yours.

i think my interview went pretty well. they did say they were very impressed with my essay which is a good sign i think. i'm still calling on divine intervention. 10 days left!

Guest NRC boy

This board is making me depressed. I think I shall avoid it from now on or else I really might have to burn down the campus, lol.

Guest Rudi Hwang

Hi, I am OOP and didn't get an email on May 15. Does anyone know if this means that I am not even on the waitlist? Thanks.

Guest happy2bme

Hmm maybe I have the lowest MCAT accepted first round, a lovely 30N which I think equals a 9.75

Oh yeah also a lovely 3.7ish AGPA. My schools never gave percentages on transcripts so highest I possibly could have was 4.0/4.5

However, I don't know if I was accepted via my reg category or special applicant category. My special interview went o.k. but my regular interview was fantastic and would have definitely scored well. In the special applicant category, interview is worth more than MCAT.

"Jag, does that include this application round? That is, did the class of 2009 have even better stats than this year's applicants (for class of 2010)? "

Hey silver, I meant the final class results. They'll tell the class of 2010 how they stand on the first day of school when all the students are official.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived