Premed 101 Forums

offers?

Guest shetland23

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunE

First round letters should all theoretically be done by now. Maybe the occaisonal fluke letter here and there, but probably not.

how rude....lol...

its better to tell the truth than to keep people agonizing over waiting.

I don't think Beth will tell you anything at this point.

Sorry if I sound rude, I have a final exam in the morning. Blunt and quick is the way to go.

Guest NRC boy

Im pretty sure 60 IP spots were given out. (2/3 of 90 = 60) Best case scenario is that 10 of these ppl decline their spots, thus leaving 40 spots for 165 applicants to kill one another over. Good times :x

Guest sunE

oooohhhh thats how it works. I figured they meant 2/3rds of the entire 100.

So basically they let around 60 IP's know and 10 OOP's...

Guest happy2bme

Just to let you inprovinces know I am signing my name to decline my offer as we speak!

Mail it this afternoon in Calgary

Should be in MB by Fri or Mon opening another spot for one of you!!!

I hope an ezboarder gets it!!!!!!!

Good luck

Guest sunE

Just to let you inprovinces know I am signing my name to decline my offer as we speak!

I found out the other day that when an OOP declines a spot, it only opens the door for another OOP because they have to maintain their 10 spot quota.

So unfortunately when OOP's decline a spot, it only benefits other OOP's.

That's how it was explained to me anyways...

happy2beme is an IP because he/she graduated from a Manitoba highschool. He/she is just living in alberta right now. Its a spicy situation

Guest JGracie

well i know of another IP who delined today. hope that spot has my name on it!

i think that with those declining now, they probably won't leak out letters between now and june 5, and just let the whole 1/3 of the class plus people off the waiting list in.

Guest VS12

I wonder how many offers are gonna be made once june 5th rolls around. I'm assuming somewhere in the neighbourhood of 40 or so for IP? Hopefully there will be some more IP people declining so that there'll be even more offers in the 2nd round. If 15 or 20 people decline right now... that'd be money.

Guest JGracie

i'm thinking that right off the bat there is 30 IP to make up the rest of the 1/3 of the letters, and say 10 people off the waiting list. so my guess is roughly 40 letters to be sent out june 5.

Guest silverjelly86

Beth J. confirmed that they sent out 70 offers, but she said that she didn't know the exact IP/OOP split. 60/10 sounds right, though, guys.

Guest silverjelly86

Yeah, me too. Five days is a bit long for local mail. :\

Although, Beth did say that they were "holding on to a few" because they were "following up on a few things." What that means, I have no idea. I'm thinking transcript/grade release issues for IP but non U of W/U of M schools.

Guest silverjelly86

Oh, and did those of you IP that got accepted receive a small or large envelope (and white or brown)?

Hee hee. Thanks.

Archived