Premed 101 Forums

Advice on whether or not I should retake the MCAT

Guest VS12

So here I am, with a 28Q and 3.9ish aGPA, and I'm wondering if you guys could give me your advice on whether or not I should rewrite the MCAT this april. The perfectionist in me says to do it again... but the more rational side says not to.

On the one hand, my GPA really won't change too much whether I do badly or not, so putting more time towards the MCAT isn't that big of a deal. As well, writing it in April gives me the opportunity to write the paper test 2 more times, which is huge cause I would hate to do it by computer.

On the other hand, having to study for both the April MCAT and with my courses (my last exam is a day before the MCAT) is gonna be putting ALOT of undue stress on me. I won't really be able to fully dedicate myself to the MCAT, so my score realistically won't change too much from what I had before (I took a practice MCAT a few days ago and scored a 28). Lastly, If (and that's a big if) I do get an acceptance, I will feel like writing it was a waste.

So what do you guys think? Am I being foolish by even considering rewriting it before I get the final word from the med school?

Merci.

Guest happy2bme

I'd say wait, as long as you can study during the summer for August, if you have to. This is because they supposedly won't use your april 2006 score in this current application cycle anyways. I would keep your GPA high this term, and wait for the results from this cycle.

of course if you know that you can't study during the summer.... then get cracking on those books!!

Archived