Premed 101 Forums

Mentoring Services for MD admission

hp18

Hi,

There was a lady in the US who was offering such a service a few years back. You might want to do a bit of an internet search for her information if that might be of interest to you. Otherwise, current medical students or medical faculty might be good sounding boards.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

This my mentoring service because

1-Honest answers

2-Great advice

3-This is from people actually going through the process

4-I get to read others questions and trust me they help.

5-Its free!!!

What I'm trying to say is read the forums and see how many questions have been answered or post your questions thats what I have been doing. Sometimes I ask dumb questions but they seem to get answers.

Hey

Look into the career services people at U of T. I just went to the people at our office at Queen's, got them to read over some of my admissions essays to get feedback, and then even went in for a couple of mock interviews with them. If this is your first time applying I would say, don't shell out the money to get advice on how to get into med school just yet. There are many resources available to you, this board for one, where current pre-meds and med students are more than happy to give you some advice. (and I would think that the career services people should be free too if you are a student) I got my friends to read over my EC's, asked med students I know what they thought I should put in/not put in, and how I should present myself. If you want some help feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you my feedback for what it's worth. :)

Archived