Premed 101 Forums

letters sent to references?

my goal is accomplised. I was just trying to get some dumbass pissed off and angry. :rolleyes:

Wow -- provoking people just to see their reaction... Hmmmmm

Lemme guess. You are just practicing before you get to try this on patients. You are going to make a great physician!!

What, are we reduced to name calling now?

I think (especially in the Manitoba forum) that we have gone through the pros and cons of having that kind of MCAT weighting many times already. Is it a perfect way to evaluate someone's academic capabilities? Not at all. It is obviously very possible that an off day would become the sole reason of performing badly on the MCAT.

However, the efforts that somebody put in for the MCAT should not be undermined just because these people did not have an off day out of luck or just any particular sequence of events.

I agree and disagree with both Kuantum and flyover. Obviously everyone would have their own take based on their own MCAT results.

And why is everybody saying the exact same things to flyover? Sure, I can think of using words that are a little less inflammatory, but I think he's raising a valid point, when you disregard the "ape" comments etc.

Firstly, it's Kuantum, not Kaumtum! :D

I'm not sure if you are perfect, but the overwhelming majority of humanity is not. Off-days are a rare occurance, that's what makes them off days. Sure, a large number of people do poorly on the MCAT each year, however, there a number of reasons why that occurs. You are being a little narrow-minded and not recognizing these very reasonable possibilities.

If people were as lazy as you claim, I don't think they'd dedicate three, four, or more years of their life trying to gain admission into a faculty only to undertake even more rigorous and longer periods of training. It doesn't make sense.

This is an anonymous forum and people are free to express their ideas as they feel. Their choice to agree or disagree with me is based on their views and assessment of what is correct.

The fundamental problem with what you are saying is the fact that you have placed so much faith into a test and condemned anyone who happens to perform poorly. I find it quite peculiar that you can rely so much on someone else's assessment (especially a standardized test) of your abilities. Sure, there are times when others' assessments will define the course our life takes, however, for a test who's validity and credibility is still questioned makes me really question you and why you have so much faith in the test.

Kuantum, you're my hero...

*super kuantum to the rescue*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived