Premed 101 Forums

Interview invitations

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to find out more info about the interview letters, but I'm still waiting to talk to the official letter-mailer. From what I gather so far, a batch of letters was sent out early last week, and one or two more batches will be sent out within the next 2 weeks. These batches include both invitations and rejection letters. I'll let you know more info when I get it.

For those who received bad news in the mail, I wish you the best of luck at your other interviews! No matter what happens, remember to show everyone what makes you an interesting and talented person.

Just a small correction to what I posted yesterday. Queen's has only sent out rejection letters so far. They have all been sent, so if you have not received a letter by Friday then you should be confident that you will receive a letter of invitation sometime next week or possibly the week after.

Just a small correction to what I posted yesterday. Queen's has only sent out rejection letters so far. They have all been sent, so if you have not received a letter by Friday then you should be confident that you will receive a letter of invitation sometime next week or possibly the week after.

Thanks for the info, but do you know if they invitation letters will be sent my email or "snail" mail, and when, because I really would like to know soon before ranking my choice of interview weekend for U of Manitoba which has to be done by Feb 5.

Thanks for the info, but do you know if they invitation letters will be sent my email or "snail" mail, and when, because I really would like to know soon before ranking my choice of interview weekend for U of Manitoba which has to be done by Feb 5.

The letters will be sent by snail mail only. If you're going to get an interview invitationfor Queen's, you may not get it before Feb 5. So I suggest choosing the interview weekend at U of Manitoba while you can. The Queen's interviews will happen on March 3-4, and again on March 24-25. There shouldn't be a problem with switching interview dates at Queen's if you have a legitimate excuse (like having another interview). But if you want to make sure about all of this, contact the Queen's undergrad medical office and confirm this with them.

I guess a few more days of heart attacks then.

Not really! If you made the cutoffs, you get an interview. Alternatively, all the rejections were mailed out last week, so if you didn't get a rejection letter and you made the cutoffs, I think you have a 100% chance of getting an interview!

Stop freaking out!

Good luck with your Queens' interview!

Not really! If you made the cutoffs, you get an interview. Alternatively, all the rejections were mailed out last week, so if you didn't get a rejection letter and you made the cutoffs, I think you have a 100% chance of getting an interview!

Stop freaking out!

Good luck with your Queens' interview!

Ahh the cutoffs. As I have a graduate degree, but don't make the GPA cut-off, it's not 100%. Also, there are other schools so the "heart attacks" are only in part due to Queens. I don't think I'm freaking out, just would like to have some news, good or bad.

I apologize for the last post, it was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. I guess tone is hard to convey here.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Archived