Premed 101 Forums

Interview letters: when are they mailed?

I can't tell you when will Toronto start sending interview letters, but I can tell you when did I get my interiview letter. Last year I got mine on March 7 and the interview was on the 26th, so I was only given 19 days notice (mind you I used to live within 1 hour driving from Toronto). The notification came by regular mail. You might already know that, but Toronto doesn't send all the interview letters at once.

Hey all, in past years, the closer you were to TO, the greater the chance of you hearing for the early interview sessions. In theory, GTA and surrounding area people "need" less advance notice ergo they don't get as much as an applicant in the Atlantic region, prairies, and BC...this is a trend more than hardcore policy but that's what I recall from the last 3 years. Grad students, forget it; we typically don't start hearing until late Feb if we get an interview invite. I know of some exceptions but they seem to be just that.

best of luck

K

Hey all, in past years, the closer you were to TO, the greater the chance of you hearing for the early interview sessions. In theory, GTA and surrounding area people "need" less advance notice ergo they don't get as much as an applicant in the Atlantic region, prairies, and BC...this is a trend more than hardcore policy but that's what I recall from the last 3 years. Grad students, forget it; we typically don't start hearing until late Feb if we get an interview invite. I know of some exceptions but they seem to be just that.

best of luck

K

Although this may be a trend, it doesn't mean that you are cut if you live in the GTA and don't hear about interviews in the first round. I know of several friends who were received their interviews in March of last year and lived in the GTA and surrounding area.

Thanks for the info. Is this lab in/near Toronto?

Hi all:

Yes, the lab is near Toronto (Hamilton, actually). But that information probably won't help much as I do not know where the particualr student's home town is and I do not know whether he used his Hamilton address or his home town address as the official address.

He didn't tell me if his invitation for interview was for MD/PhD or MD; although now it sounds like MD/PhD invitations are sent out first and the MD ones won't be out for another bit.

Regardless, they are coming and best of luck to you all.

Archived