Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite Stats

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my interview invite today at 11:30am by email. My interview is Feb 25th in the morning. My MCAT was 34R (10VR, 12 BS, 12 PS), my GPA is 3.75 (3.9 with the u of t calculation, although i'm not sure if i qualified for it). My letter was pretty strong. I had average ECs, minimal volunteering, lots of research but no papers at the time of application. Undergrad degree was Anatomy and Cell Biology at McGill (I am in 4th year). I applied for the MD program and I am from the GTA.

Got my interview invite today at 11:30am by email. My interview is Feb 25th in the morning. My MCAT was 34R (10VR, 12 BS, 12 PS), my GPA is 3.75 (3.9 with the u of t calculation, although i'm not sure if i qualified for it). My letter was pretty strong. I had average ECs, minimal volunteering, lots of research but no papers at the time of application. Undergrad degree was Anatomy and Cell Biology at McGill (I am in 4th year). I applied for the MD program and I am from the GTA.

Congrats and good luck!:)

Congrats!!!

Hey guys,

I just got my interview offer this afternoon via e-mail from Leslie Taylor! My interview is on Feb. 25th.

Since this is a stats thread, these are my stats:

I am currently a 4th year undergraduate at McGill in Microbiology & Immunology with Honors.

GPA: 3.97/4.0 (I don't qualify for U of T calc because I am a Quebec resident with CEGEP)

MCAT: 33 Q

Extracurriculars:

-Research for 2 summers, one with NSERC. Current honours project is an extension of my NSERC research.

-I also volunteered over the past two years at an AIDS community center. Past volunteering was done at various hospitals as well.

-Worked at a camp for disabled children during the summer of 2003.

-Taught MCAT courses for Kaplan in 2006.

I'm sure I listed some other stuff that I can't really remember right now...

So it turns out that these February interviews were offered to non-GTA residents! This is such good news and totally unexpected :)

J

Hey guys,

I just got my interview offer this afternoon via e-mail from Leslie Taylor! My interview is on Feb. 25th.

Since this is a stats thread, these are my stats:

I am currently a 4th year undergraduate at McGill in Microbiology & Immunology with Honors.

GPA: 3.97/4.0 (I don't qualify for U of T calc because I am a Quebec resident with CEGEP)

MCAT: 33 Q

Extracurriculars:

-Research for 2 summers, one with NSERC. Current honours project is an extension of my NSERC research.

-I also volunteered over the past two years at an AIDS community center. Past volunteering was done at various hospitals as well.

-Worked at a camp for disabled children during the summer of 2003.

-Taught MCAT courses for Kaplan in 2006.

I'm sure I listed some other stuff that I can't really remember right now...

So it turns out that these February interviews were offered to non-GTA residents! This is such good news and totally unexpected :)

J

Awesome! Congrats!

Now that ppl are officially being invited to interview at UFT we should create a thread for the invite stats. Maybe those posting can put when:

1) They heard about their interview

2) Was it email/mail?

3) GPA

4) MCAT

5) Interview Invite Day

6) PhD/MD vs MD

7) And any other relevant stats (which province you're from, etc.)

1. I got my interview invite today, Jan 29.

2. email

3. 3.90 (±0.2 depending on how they calculate).

4. 37S

5. Feb25

6. MD

7. ON, GTA specifically.

When you confirm the email, as they ask you to do, do you get a reply from that? How else do you know they got the response?

They tell you not to phone them to confirm that they got your response (which you can do by phone, letter, or e-mail I believe; I e-mailed them), they said that they will contact YOU if they don't here from you one way or the other.

When you confirm the email, as they ask you to do, do you get a reply from that? How else do you know they got the response?

Leslie Taylor emailed me back asking my food preferences for lunch. This was for the first weekend so I'm sure you will get an email confirmation soon. Congrats to you all!

They tell you not to phone them to confirm that they got your response (which you can do by phone, letter, or e-mail I believe; I e-mailed them), they said that they will contact YOU if they don't here from you one way or the other.

Darn, wrong thread guys, sorry. My post was directed towards the U of Ottawa. I haven't heard anything from Toronto yet.

Leslie Taylor emailed me back asking my food preferences for lunch. This was for the first weekend so I'm sure you will get an email confirmation soon. Congrats to you all!

So you confirmed the email, and then a few days/week later got an email about lunch preference?

jelly: good to know for ottawa!

Archived