Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invite Stats

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my interview invitation by email today in the afternoon!

I feel like an imposter after hearing everyone elses amazing stats but here we go:

MCAT: 10/10/10/Q

GPA: Overall 3.89, U of T: 3.91/2ish

I have tons of extracurriculars and I have been conducting research for 2 years now ( publication pending, poster presentations at conferences etc.)

I'm in 4th year and my interview is on the 25th of Feb.

Good luck to everyone!

Now that ppl are officially being invited to interview at UFT we should create a thread for the invite stats. Maybe those posting can put when:

1) They heard about their interview

2) Was it email/mail?

3) GPA

4) MCAT

5) Interview Invite Day

6) PhD/MD vs MD

7) And any other relevant stats (which province you're from, etc.)

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post up my stats too in case it's of help to anyone.

1) Heard today (Jan. 30/07; email sent at 2:50PM)

2) Email from Leslie Taylor

3) OMSAS GPA: 3.85, UT calculated GPA: 3.94 (if my calculations are correct)

4) 31P: 12 PS, 9 VR, 10 BS (Let this be an encouragement to all who don't have stellar MCAT scores!)

5) Sun., Feb. 25

6) MD

7) From Ontario (Markham). 4th-year Honours Kinesiology at U of Waterloo. Research experience (Heart and Stroke summer studentship), employment in a family medicine practise for a couple of summers, lots of volunteering and ECs, leadership roles in church, several scholarships.

All the best to all with interviews, and for those still waiting, keep the faith!

Take care.

OMGSH, I'm so excited (and very nervous!!)!

Hi,

I sent an email to Leslie Taylor (she works at UofT admissions) regarding a change in referee information and she didn't respond....so just wondering if anyone is getting any response emails from her/UofT med. people?

Thanks!

i've recieved emails from her regarding my interview invitation and lunch for that day. i think shes probably overwhelmed right now. i asked omsas about changing information for a referee, and they said that usually the school will try and contact the person (if they so desire) and if they cant get hold of them they will contact you for updated information.

For people who have had interviews in the past, is UT flexible with interview dates? I haven't received an invite email yet, but I got an invite to McMaster and will be in Ontario in the same week as the UT March 23rd interview day. Just want to know since I really don't want to spend another $600 for a flight from Vancouver to Ontario.

Archived