Premed 101 Forums

When Will Rejections Be Sent Out?

I have a feeling that Kenneth is right.......i really feel like crying right now....and am really really hating life and this ugly process........

lets look how mcgill did it: they said "ALL THE OOP INVITES HAVE BEEN SENT." and then a week later they told kenneth to come, because, someone had cancelled or whatever.

ottawa has NOT told us "ALL THE INVITES HAVE BEEN SENT".

from mcgill:

"Interview invitations have already gone out for the Out-of-Province

Canadians. Interviews are set up for Feb 9 and 12th. If, after the

interviews have been conducted, we need to interview more, we will then

be sending out more invites."

----

It would basically be FALSE ADVERTISING/(hope) for ottawa to tell us to wait until feb 9th, don't you guys think?

if you guys are right, ottawa should have told us something similar to mcgill. "~ if ppl cancel, we'll contact you before the 9th"

edit: the word hopeful in my username isn't there for nothing :P

So then I guess its Semi-Official........we've been rejected from Ottawa!!!! (According to OT6's post in another thread).

I wish I only knew this would happen when I wasted so much time on my sketch....:confused:

I think we should all make a club or something......:(

i actually found ottawa to be the least time consuming of all my applications...but maybe this speaks to why i haven't heard back as well.

i had a lot of high school activities as well, and i put a lot of 'dashes' (as instructed they would not look at high school activities, and not to expand on them).

i feel i would have been better able to express myself with an essay, as opposed to 150 characters on my responsibilities in X, Y, Z.

i would have a hard time judging one's sketch, it must be a very subjective thing. but apparently, there were 500 ppl with a sketch better than mine. c'est la vie!

Yea, not to complain or whine (since I am an Ottawa rejectee), I find an essay to be a better means to judge someone, and gauge their english competency as well. I often found that I was well over the text limit for the sketch questions, and there are little nuances that one can add to an essay to give a broader and better impression of the actvity and themselves.

IMO, the sketch doesn't really distinguish between a great volunteer and a mediocre volunteer. The fact that two people were both THERE, makes the actvity equal on the sketch, whereas in an essay, you could explain a lot more.

Archived