Premed 101 Forums

When will they send out the letters?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys

I got my rejection today. I'm a third year, so not a big worry as I will apply next year. My marks were 3.78 (looks like that will go up next year :) )and lots of volunteering and ECs.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON YOUR INTERVIEW to those who get one!

(Maybe you will interview me next year! :P )

My housemate got an interview invite in the mail on Monday. I have yet to hear anything, rejection or invite. I know that Kingston mail is sometimes wacky, but this leads me to believe that there isn't an obvious order to it all. Some people have heard rejections who are much further than Kingston, other have heard invites, and so far one person is on the waiting list for an invite! That made me think that they had their list made and sent out, but then again some people are still getting invites!

Crazy!!!

So crazy!!!

Got my rejection from Mac today - it's ok I still have u of t, queens, ottawa and memorial. I had 3.9 ish with research and lots of extra curriculars/volunteering.

For those who have heard nothing yet, the admissions office said not all letters were sent at once, but now they have all been sent out. So it could still be a couple of days before you get your letters - doesn't mean bad news if you haven't heard yet!! Good Luck!

Hi Everyone,

Just got my interview letter today (from the GTA). I think it's pretty fair to say that with ~5000 applicants this year, luck plays a huge role. This is not my first time applying to Mac, so it was pretty unexpected (considering that not much has changed since the last application cycle). I consider the interview selection process at Mac analogous to the WWE's Royal Rumble. You're lucky if you get #30, but in this case, you'd be lucky just to get called to come to the ring.

Hi Everyone,

Just got my interview letter today (from the GTA). I think it's pretty fair to say that with ~5000 applicants this year, luck plays a huge role. This is not my first time applying to Mac, so it was pretty unexpected (considering that not much has changed since the last application cycle). I consider the interview selection process at Mac analogous to the WWE's Royal Rumble. You're lucky if you get #30, but in this case, you'd be lucky just to get called to come to the ring.

I definitely agree, i applied last year and didnt get an interview, my gpa has not changed at all (3.86 omsas) and finding out that there are only 50 ppl from oop that get interviews really shocked me being from manitoba.

blah, got the rejection in the mail today. kinda sucks because i had my hopes up (since my gpa was pretty high) but i guess i'll just apply to everywhere in canada next year! good luck to everybody who got an interview, and for the rest of us....chin up...someday it'll happen!:)

I am in Montreal (Plateau- and not an ontario resident) and i have not received anything yet. Today i was speaking with the admissions office and she said that they were all sent down to the mail room within 2 days however the mail room had to stuff, stamp and post 5000 letters so they likely went out on different days. Good luck to everyone, and keep in mind the comment from before, people are not inclined to come on here and write in their rejections- so don't get ideas that one type of letter was sent out before the other- Mac said they all went together!

Hi all. Just got the invite package in the big, white envelope today. Interview on March 24. Here are my stats:

Major: B.Sc. Kinesiology

OMSAS GPA: 3.9

EC's: Hospital and long-term care facility volunteer for over 5 years, lab volunteering/research, first year student metoring, entrance scholarships, etc.

After looking at the other invitees' stats/responses over the last few days I thought my chances were pretty low since I am OOP. Guess it shows you can be pleasantly surprised.

I lived in Hamilton 12 years ago and this will be my first visit back. I can already picture the smog...lol

Hey cstyle! do you actually call up people from the admission office? I thought they were very reserved and would not disclose any information. Just a misconception from my part.

I am in Montreal (Plateau- and not an ontario resident) and i have not received anything yet. Today i was speaking with the admissions office and she said that they were all sent down to the mail room within 2 days however the mail room had to stuff, stamp and post 5000 letters so they likely went out on different days. Good luck to everyone, and keep in mind the comment from before, people are not inclined to come on here and write in their rejections- so don't get ideas that one type of letter was sent out before the other- Mac said they all went together!

Yup... called them up this afternoon and simply asked them if they had sent the letters out in bunches or all at once. The woman was very friendly and told me that they had sent all 5000 letters more or less down to the mail room at once (over 2 days but that there weren't groups- just a question of getting them all printed out) and that it took the mail room a long time to deal with them all, due to the large quantity.

So, no need to despair for those that haven't heard yet.

I just wanted to remind everyone still waiting for the mail that it is mail, not email. They sent out the letters at the end of last week and it is only Wednesday!! The earliest people received letters was last Friday, 4 work days ago. Snail mail is not known to be so quick, so relax, have a glass of wine, and remind yourself that no news is just that, no news. It will come (good or bad). Prob by the end of this week. So just chill.

On a lighter note, for those discouraged by the infamous small envelope, take solace in the fact that it can (and most likely will) happen for you if you want it badly enough. As a third time applicant, I can honestly say that it is worth the hard work and frustration. Mona, just think, every year you apply you will have new experiences to add to your sketch with new references attached to them. Every year one of my referees got deleted from the list so I didnt have to ask them each 3 times (although grad school and grant apps prob added up to like 20 reference letters each :( ).... Good luck everyone and cheer up!

*hayley.

Hi guys.....

well another rejection here ...... Im in Mississauga......my gpa was 3.78.....I had strong EC which I mentioned in the mini essays in conjunction with answering the questions....Varsity Water Polo, Organized a Medical Clinic in Mexico, Volunteered at Medical Clinic for 4 Years, Research, and lots of travel (visited more than 12 different countries) and sports expereinces (I was Canadain Junior National Swimmer, Surfing, Canoeing)......like my prof told me....a Mac application is like buying a lottery ticket...you never know.....anyways good luck to all those still waiting

rejection today, hamilton.

applied from 5th year (victory lap).

3.62 GPA, 4 published papers, co-owner of an antipsychotic drug patent, very solid essay (at least from the med students and doctors I had review it). Now it's on Western or Toronto, otherwise I'm off to grad school.

Archived