Premed 101 Forums

Dental Interview Help - especially CDA based

Hi

I have been reading up a number of the threads and there seems to be some confusion as to whether you can get help preparing for the interview of not. Whether it is worth it or not...

Well Im here to give my input I guess

I went through the process twice getting in after the second time.

I took the DAT TUTOR course and hated it, it provided nothing special as the people teaching it had never gone through the program and had no personal experience with the process.

I have to be honest... I took a private course offered by a student at University of Toronto. She started this program a few years ago and provides a class I believe ours was 5 hours and goes through everything you need to know for before and after the interview.

I was hesitant at first but she's one of the most valuable classes I have taken.

Im an international dentist and in my opinion it was a lot harder to train us and get us in as the classes are much smaller (they only take 25 students per year). Well anyways, out of the class that she taught, 75% got into UofT, and the rest got into other schools around Canada (with the exception of 3 people that were on the waiting list, dont know if they got in).

Anyways, this is my opinion but she's worth looking up.

If you're interested, contact her for details dentalinterviewsuccess@gmail.com.

Good Luck

I start classes in 3 weeks :) so excited

Hi

I just found and joined this forum... Im really interested in this course but is it worth it?

What kind of stuff does she offer? Does she only do University of Toronto? I havent heard from any schools yet but Im hoping for either UofT or Western...keeping my fingers crossed

Oh and I applied to UofT, WHO, Dal, and Manitoba

Please let me know more... I'll email her tonight to see what the deal is...

Hi

I posted this at StudentDoctorNetwork as well but here's the same thing. I thought this would really be helpful for new people as I had a tough time...so

Well anyways I took the course last year and its really a seminar covering all the topics below (from what I can remember)

- etiquette

- what to wear and what to avoid

- how to conduct yourself, what to say and what to avoid

- how to pick out bad/trick questions

- how to lead thhe discussion where you want

- how to determine what they're looking for from the questions

She goes through (well she did with our class) on what to say, how to say it, and pretty much everything you need to know about the interview.

I have to be honest... there were about 50 people at her class Medical and Dental School.

She gave a 2 hour talk and then followed a huge involved discussion.

It got everyone involved. She goes through questions and discusses what the difference is between a good, OK and bad answer is.

She did the course in Toronto last year, you need to contact her for somewhere else. I couldnt tell you.

Honestly though email her and she'd tell you more about it. I only know from what I can remember

Hope that helps

I believe she has a website too but Im not sure what it is...sorry :(

Yeah I talked to her... very fast response...lol

Almost as though she sits by the comp the whole time. Very friendly though :)

Anyways the course sounds really good but the dates are not set yet obviously cause the offers havent come up yet.

I signed up for it... I got interviewed twice last year and didnt get in so maybe I do need to learn something that I may think I know but I really dont :(

She said its most likely going to be held on UofT campus so that's perfect.

Anyways she got in apparently from the first try and only applied to UofT ..now that's guts.

K... that's my input.

Hope to see someone I know there cause apparently there are discussion sessions and I cant talk in front of people. :(

Finally someone advertises this course... I dont know why she's not up here doing it. She's a good lecturer but needs to advertise better. Hmm... maybe she's waiting until the offers come out. Dunno???

Man they are in major workload right now though... I heard UofT 2nd,3rd and 4th year are in a mess of exams right now...

I got friends in 3rd year and they're calling UofT "school of hell" right now cause its so buzy apparently. Not so sure I want to go into that anymore ...lol... sounds like hell really but I guess only 4 years and then the party starts.

Good luck to everyone :)

Oh this girl's a good girl...GREAT lecturer but strict and to the point... if you're serious about this and want to be kicked in the a.. take this course.

The Mock interview she acts out is good too and I like the fact the she's very visual... with us she demonstrated what to do from when they call you into the room to how you sit to how you leave... actually she picked me to be the "actor" didnt like that so much...lol... I sucked :)

• 2 weeks later...
stop doing it.

she is doing advertizing for herself here

Actually I am not doing advertising for myself as I just became a member but it's good advertisement so thanks guys. :)

But now I will advertise the company and WEARWATCH I guess this doesnt apply to you.

Hello everyone

Im writting to let you know of a course that has been put together for Canadian dental and medical students for the upcoming interview session.

If you are interested please visit the website for the course http://www.eliteinterview.com

You can email me on that website if you also need some personal advice. Im more than willing to help.

Thanks and good luck to all :)

stop doing it.

she is doing advertizing for herself here

Nice so now Im a girl...sweet :)

Thank you WEARWATCH for clearing up my sex orientation, I was confused for such a long time.

BTW, you're welcome prepcouse (what's up with the name) :) Good luck on the exam tomorrow.

GO BACK TO STUDYING...

I see you're advertising yourself... very nice :)

clearwatch or wearwatch... I forget his/her name is being a little too annoying. You dont like a thread then DONT GO ON IT. Its called a skip button.

OK I have to go to work...TimHortons for another week..here I come. Coffee anyone????

What are you guys doing?

Now you're just being stupid... sorry for talking about the course. There is no need to diss her, you wanna have fun and be immature, have it somewhere else.

How did this whole thing come on?

I guess its easy to say things when noone knows who you are :)

E... (dent55) stop writting back, you're just making it worse. See ya in school on Monday, I think we're starting with Endo :)

Stop the gamessss Aneta. Or am I speaking with someone else today? novski? Stoja?

Yeah I talked to her... very fast response...lol

Almost as though she sits by the comp the whole time.

Nope. It just so happens that she's at the computer while emailing herself. ;)

Seriously though, if you're gona pull a stunt like this, don't leave behind so many clues.

You need better double agent training :cool: You should think about attending a workshop I'm organizing. It'll probably be in April.. on the 16th. I've already got 779 people, and I have space for.. oh 859. The tenative location is the York Royal Hotel, on 9th Street.

-lecture3waves aka The Real 007 :cool:

Archived