Premed 101 Forums

To be or not to be . that is question...

Kims

Hi guys~~

does anybody tell me about "special consideration" for international student

except 50,000$ tuition?

I only applied for U of T. I wish i had killer DAT like u guys at least 20 avg.

not even close. Not so bright ........sigh

To be or not to be . IT is 50:50 chance, i believe. Either u could get in or not get in.

anyone got in u of t with overseas under degree ever ?

My sister knew someone who had gotten into UofT dental school with a GPA of around 3.0. She applied as a international student. I'm not sure about her DAT scores however. I know that's not much help, but the point is that a 3.0 is not high/competitive GPA, that being said you never know what will happen. So keep up a positive attitude. If you don't get in this time around, do the DAT again and try to get a higher score and re-apply.

Good luck,

-Wisdom Tooth

I have a friend that applied to UWO and U of T as an international student last year. From what she told me, she didn't do great on her DAT, had a GPA less than 3.7 (probably above 3.5). She got invites for interviews at both schools, and got accepted right away. She told me that stats-wise (GPA and DAT scores) it's easier to get in as an international student from the international pool than as a Canadian in the Canadian pool of applicants. I thought this was surprising at first, but when you think of it, international students pay a lot more money for tuition, and in the end, the university just wants your money so in that way it makes sense.

If you look at U of T's website, they say they accept up to 11 international students per year, and I think the international pool is quite small from what she told me. Directly from the U of T website it says "It should be noted that the 170 domestic applicants invited for an interview had a GPA of at least 3.7 and the 10 international students invited for an interview had a GPA of at least 3.3"

So I guess the message is that if you have a decent GPA, DAT scores and good interview, you're very likely to get in as an international applicant.

I have a friend that applied to UWO and U of T as an international student last year. From what she told me, she didn't do great on her DAT, had a GPA less than 3.7 (probably above 3.5). She got invites for interviews at both schools, and got accepted right away. She told me that stats-wise (GPA and DAT scores) it's easier to get in as an international student from the international pool than as a Canadian in the Canadian pool of applicants. I thought this was surprising at first, but when you think of it, international students pay a lot more money for tuition, and in the end, the university just wants your money so in that way it makes sense.

If you look at U of T's website, they say they accept up to 11 international students per year, and I think the international pool is quite small from what she told me. Directly from the U of T website it says "It should be noted that the 170 domestic applicants invited for an interview had a GPA of at least 3.7 and the 10 international students invited for an interview had a GPA of at least 3.3"

So I guess the message is that if you have a decent GPA, DAT scores and good interview, you're very likely to get in as an international applicant.

Hi ....

Yes international students do get accepted at our Faculty, in our class there are 5 international students. The school usually takes a couple per year, because of the "high tuition" as you have mentioned. SO yah anything in the range of 3.3 or better and about 18 on DAT will get you in as long as interview ent ok.

Cheers,

:)

Archived