Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

It's been 10 mins since I got THE email but I'm still shaking!

Accepted (London)

IP, Non-SWOMEN

cGPA: 3.93

MCAT: 12/12/13 (BS) R

ECs: Some hospital volunteering + TAing + research (pretty average)

UWO has been my first choice so I'll be accepting the offer

Happiest day of my life!

(now I can forget leafs' horrific collapse yesterday)

Accepted - London Campus :D

SWOMEN

Best two years GPA (Second Undergrad): 3.9+ both years (3.95 average)

MCAT: 41R (14P, 12V, 15B)

ECs: Research in multiple fields (no pubs, several presentations), child care and mentorship, hospital volunteering in multiple roles, a few random clubs/intramural sports, in-hospital quality improvement project.

Interview: Overall pretty well. Two of the three seemed really friendly and pleased with my answers, while the other was less so but seemed to like me better as the interview went on.

Accepted!

London Campus

SWOMEN

Best two years GPA: 4.0

MCAT: 36T (13 PS, 13 VR, 10 BS)

ECs: Lots of research, jobs, music, sports.

Interview: I felt like it went really well, my interviewers were great and it felt like I was there for 10 minutes rather than almost an hour.

Congrats everyone!

Wait listed. I had a terrible interview, so I'm surprised I'm not flat out rejected. I think I'm on the regular wait list.

2 yr GPA 3.92

MCAT 14/12/12/R

Non swomen

4th year undergrad

EDIT: You know you are on the regular wait list if does not say in your email "you are likely to receive an offer" or some similar phrase.

ACCEPTED!!!

MCAT: 12B/9V/9P, S

GPA: 3.97 (best two years)

SWOMEN

London Campus

email was at 9:38am.

Cannot believe this... still in awe; for anyone wait-listed or rejected, don't give up. This was my second go at this and I know it's an up hill battle; if you need application help or interview prep shoot me a message and I'd be more than willing to help out!

Wait listed

The email states that they cannot reveal rank (so it didn't say 'high' or 'low' on the WL)

best two yrs: 3.80

MCAT: 36Q (11 PS, 13 VR, 12 BS)

EC's: quite substantial

Interview: I really really enjoyed it. I think I made some great connections with all my interviewers, and had some good answers.

ACCEPTED London Campus

Non-traditional applicant - completed thesis-based Master's degree and have now been working in academia for 2 years

cGPA: 3.35 - best two years ~3.8

MCAT: 39R (13PS, 12VB, 14BS)

ECs: 5 papers published, about 10 abstracts, oral presentations, scholarships, volunteering in hospitals, local community, tutoring/teaching high school for 5 years, TAed for 3 years,...etc...

Non-SWOMEN

Thought the interview was my best one yet.

Will be declining in favour of U of T

Accepted!!! Email at 9:30am

MCAT: 10B/11V/11P, Q

GPA: 3.8 (best two years)

Completing a course-based masters this summer

Non-SWOMEN

London Campus

I was waitlisted at Mac, so I will definitely be accepting the offer (Western was my first choice anyways). I'm so happy that I can't stop crying. After a whole summer last year on the waitlist, this feels really good.

I'm a Ontario resident that's completed my undergrad studies. My GPA was 3.9 (best 2 years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: S

I was accepted by UWO (London). This is my second time applying to this school.

SO. EFFING. EXCITED.

Thank God.

Accepted to London campus

Undergrad applicant - 5th year

email timestamp: 9:19 am

MCAT: 12/11/12 S (PS/VR/BS)

cGPA: 3.67

best two Western years: 3.8

ECs: 2 years research (no pubs), 4 years volunteering at various hospitals/clinics, soccer - nothing extraordinary

non-SWOMEN

Interview: Thought it was horrible. ran outta there so embarrassed thinking I was done for.

Will be going here and dropping out of Queen's waitlist.

Result: Accepted
best two years: around 3.88?
MCAT: 37R (13B, 12P, 12V)

Full specs are in the interview invites thread.

I will most likely withdraw from this offer for the one from Toronto, which is better for me financially and location-wise. I hope whoever gets in from the waitlist loves Western!

High waitlist

GPA: 3.89 (best two years)

MCAT: BS, PS, VR, WR - 12, 10, 11, Q

SWOMEN: No

Interview: Thought it went ok. Panel was super friendly. Felt like I rambled a little at times, and wished I had answered some questions differently.

Will likely withdraw from the waitlist in favour of Uoft! :)

ACCEPTED! E-mail at 9:17am

First-time applicant and only interview :)

GPA: 3.94 (best two years)

MCAT: BS, PS, VR, WR - 10, 11, 9, S

SWOMEN: Yes

Interview: I didn't think it went well but it couldn't have been that bad, I guess!

Unspecified Campus

Does anyone know why the campus would be unspecified if I already chose a preference yet others were able to get their preferred campus?

Accepted to unspecified campus!!!!

GPA: 3.9

MCAT: 11 P 12 B 11 V

ECs: A bunch of random stuff, clinical & molecular research, worked at a biomedical engineering company, journalism

Interview: Thought it could have gone a lot better

This is my second time applying, and I am absolutely speechless!!!!!

Does anyone know if we have to accept the offer without knowing what campus we are assigned?? What are the chances of getting London v. Windsor?

Accepted to unspecified campus.

GPA: 3.71

MCAT: 12P 15B 12V S

ECs: Volunteer, research, leadership. The "trifecta," but nothing too spectacular.

Interview: Thought it went well.

Like some other posters in this thread, I have a bit of a dilemma regarding campus selection. My decision to accept very much depends on whether or not I'd get into the London campus, as I strongly prefer it over the Windsor location. I called the admissions office today and they couldn't tell me anything in particular, unfortunately. Would anyone happen to know my chances, given a London preference and a first-round acceptance? I'm very grateful for the opportunity but it just strikes me as bit odd that they expect us to accept an offer of admission without knowing where we'll be studying.

Anyway, UWO was my top choice, so here's to hoping that things work out!

Accepted to London.

GPA: 3.94

MCAT: 14P 11B 12V Q

ECs: First Responder, high- level charity involvement, shadowing and coaching among others.

Interview: Thought it was my best one, talked well over time and got along well. My 2 bits of advice- interview like a person you would want to be your colleague. I got the best responses when I could show some humility and a sense of humor about myself.

Western is one of my final choices, will be deciding in the next week hopefully.

Accepted to London campus!

MCAT: P: 11, B: 11, VR: 11, Wr: Q

ECs: Volunteering at hospitals, research for two summers, lots of activities including sports and music with a lot of leadership positions, Saturday school teacher and dance teacher, written a few articles for a local newspaper

Interview: I thought it was my worst one of the lot...though I went for a full hour and my panel was really, really nice.

I'm probably going to be accepting the offer within the week...this was my second choice, but all day long it's been growing on me and it just feels right. I think Western is definitely the right place for me.

I thought I posted but perhaps I was mistaken:

MCAT: 12PS/11VR/12BS

ECs: I didn't plan on going to med school until last year so none of my ECs have medically related experience (except for one small one). Mainly student council (president), member of some local and international executive committees (nothing saving the world, mainly professional societies), volunteering, very little research, no pubs. However, I had some decent experiences like working abroad, etc. that might have given me an edge.

Interview: Thought it went ok. Nothing spectacular but didn't screw up too much.

Have no idea what school I'm going to choose. Queen's was my top choice and the only one that I was waitlisted for so I might wait right to the deadline to decide. UWO and Alberta are my next top.