Premed 101 Forums

anyone get an email yet??

So today is the day. I've hit refresh on my email account at least half a dozen times. Nothing yet. :confused:

I know the deferrals are sent by email and the acceptance and rejection letters are sent via mail. Just wondering if anyone has received an email of deferral yet. I'm a maritime applicant, although I don't think that matters.

For all of us so anxiously waiting, please send a quick post when you get an email. :) And to any admins out there, do you think someone living in HRM would get a letter by Friday? I'm guessing not likely, but it sure would be nice to know by the weekend!!

Enough nervous rambling... good luck to everyone!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ms. C is correct the Dal email system is completely down at the moment.

"Dalhousie email unavailable. All Dalhousie services have now been restored except email. Due to a disk failure during routine maintenance, Dalhousie email service has failed, including some email addresses for the University of King`s College. IBM has been on site since early this morning working on the problem. If the email system has to be restored from back up tapes, it may take longer than originally anticipated. Therefore, email may be down for up to 48 hours. Updates will be posted here regularly. Please keep checking back here."

Cheers

So today is the day. I've hit refresh on my email account at least half a dozen times. Nothing yet. :confused:

I know the deferrals are sent by email and the acceptance and rejection letters are sent via mail. Just wondering if anyone has received an email of deferral yet. I'm a maritime applicant, although I don't think that matters.

For all of us so anxiously waiting, please send a quick post when you get an email. :) And to any admins out there, do you think someone living in HRM would get a letter by Friday? I'm guessing not likely, but it sure would be nice to know by the weekend!!

Enough nervous rambling... good luck to everyone!

Just to let everyone know, the Dal email system is apparently up and running again. In regards to receiving mail in the HRM, I received my letter last year on a Monday and it was mailed from Dal on a Wednesday. Friday may be a possibility, but I probably wouldn't count on it. Cheers

congrats on the acceptances!!! if you would like to, you can add your info in the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread which can be found here:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15991

any mods that are reading this - can you make that thread (link above) a sticky please!! i didn't want to unnecessarily post in it in order to bump it up...

Congrats to all who have heard back from Dal; I am yet to hear anything at all. I'm wondering if this is good or bad? I know it was mentioned previously that they randomly go through a certain number of applications at each adcom meeting, but wouldn't they go through the best ones first in order to fill those seats? Haha i wish I fully understood this process! I guess i will have to keep my fingers crossed for early april, since i assume that is the next opportunity to hear again.

Congrats to all who have heard back from Dal; I am yet to hear anything at all. I'm wondering if this is good or bad? I know it was mentioned previously that they randomly go through a certain number of applications at each adcom meeting, but wouldn't they go through the best ones first in order to fill those seats? Haha i wish I fully understood this process! I guess i will have to keep my fingers crossed for early april, since i assume that is the next opportunity to hear again.

I didn't hear anything until May - and even then I was deferred. Got my acceptance in June. Thank god no waitlist!! Hang in there - it's tough I know but there's nothing else you can do!

Hey guys,

Hang in there!! Unless they mentioned it on their adcom website they just randomly grab a handful each meeting. And at least now you don't have to constantly stalk your mailman every 3 times every week- now just 3 times a month!! Which i honestly think is a good way to go about it- a good compromise between sending them all out together later like Ontario and causing peptic ulcers from the daily torment from weekly admissions.

FYI I found out at the end of March last year, the year before i was rejected in early June- the last regular adcom meeting.

As for worrying about htem wanting to get through the good ones to make sure they have enough seats... they know what they are doing and have done it enough to have a good pace. THat is why there are deferrals, sometimes they can't quite decide and instead of making a rash decision wait till they see some more and then go back. I'm sure that sometimes really good applicants, like Madz! get deferred cause they read to fast and didn't realize how amazing she was! so not to worry.

Congrats to those who got in... do you mind me asking if it refers to a "booklet" of important information???? We are a little behind in making it available... someone is correcting all my grammar and spelling mistakes.... and we are making it PG13... ok PG14... but we wanted everyone who got accepted to get mention of it.

Cheerio,

Scooter

Quote of the day from me to my dentist "Of course i finished hte popcorn after my tooth broke... the tooth was already broken and I spend bloody 5$ on the bag.... you should really go see The Last King of Scotland...Yes i have insurance...."

Archived