Premed 101 Forums

anyone get an email yet??

Hi all, Wondering if in those random selections OOP are also being looked at, or are the all simply send out in May? For some reason I thinks its May, but I too would love to start checking the mail three times a day! Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOPs will find out in early May - sorry! At least you don't have to harrass your mailperson for the next 2 months!

Scooter - aww thanks for the kind words :)

Hang in there!!! I was in your position last year so I remember very well how it felt (it totally sucks). Sometimes it's nice to just vent soo feel free!!

Good luck to all those waiting!

Congrats to those who got in... do you mind me asking if it refers to a "booklet" of important information???? We are a little behind in making it available... someone is correcting all my grammar and spelling mistakes.... and we are making it PG13... ok PG14... but we wanted everyone who got accepted to get mention of it.

The letter mentions a student handbook called "Don't Panic" and that it will be available on the the 2011 class website.

The letter mentions a student handbook called "Don't Panic" and that it will be available on the the 2011 class website.

EXCELLENT!!!:D Now we just have to finish it so to put it up!!! We'll probably put up a working draft for now as we tie up the loose ends. Don't print it out as we'll be sending out a shiny version to people later on once the class is pretty much set.

Anyone who is accepted/waiting to hear want to be involved ??? We were hoping to get someone to review it and give feedback on what is missing and how the style jibes with them... of course if we don't agree with your opinion it will promptly be disregarded :rolleyes: hee hee just kidding. Any feedback would be fab so if someone PMs me and volunteers I'll give you a lollipop and a big thanks in the fall when you start :)))

I live in Fredericton, NB, and I haven't heard yet either. Has anyone from NB heard anything yet? I can't believe I have to wait until april. For the last two days, just waiting for the mailman have been so stressfull. Waiting a month will be killer. At least i will hear from MUN in a few weeks.

On a related note, last year I waited patiently until early July until the admissions website seemed to indicate they were done reviewing files. When I e-mailed them they e-mailed back my rejection letter, and they said they had sent it in early march. I know two other people who did not recieve their rejection letters from Dal last year. But hopefully none of that will happen this year, especially the getting rejected!

Congrats PeterNB, you applied last year to eh? I think I recognize the name,,, but with the board change i'm never sure if people are the same.

Either way Congradulations to all those that are accepted and don't stress too much to those who are waiting- Good things come to those who wait :)

Hey Scooter,

Thanks for the congrats! Actually it's my first time applying, but as I said I come from an untraditional background with my undergrad being in Computer Science.

Just a heads up for those waiting for word from Memorial I heard from a reliable source that they've made their decisions and will be sending out letters for NB and PEI applicants in the next 7 to 10 days.

Again, good luck to everyone. Since i don't think anyone would deny this whole process requires at least a little bit of luck with so many excellent applicants.

Received an e-mail indicating that my application has been deferred two days ago:confused: I am trying to be optimistic, but I don't exactly understand how the whole deferral thing works. Does anyone have any stats on how many apps are deffered or any sort of experience with the deferral process? Congrats again to all those who have been offered admission

Received an e-mail indicating that my application has been deferred two days ago:confused: I am trying to be optimistic, but I don't exactly understand how the whole deferral thing works. Does anyone have any stats on how many apps are deffered or any sort of experience with the deferral process? Congrats again to all those who have been offered admission

Hey, as I've mentioned before my application was deferred last year. I didn't get my notice until mid-May. Deferral just means they arent ready to make a decision on your application yet so they'll come back to it once they've been through all the applications. I was accepted a month after I received the deferral (thank god for no waitlist!). Deferral is NOT a rejection, it's still frustrating though! Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

I received my acceptance letter today. I live in Halifax. No more waiting whew!!

This was my second time applying to Dal and it was my first choice. My GPA was ~3.7 and my MCAT score was 33O. I have a fair amount of EC's and I was out of school for 4 years before applying to med school.

Good luck to everybody still waiting.

Hi guys,

first off, sorry for not posting until now. I have finally registered! As I have been on this site so many times before to get informaiton, it's only fair that I post as well.

Tracey emailed me yesterday saying that i have been deferred. I am an NB applicant. On Dal's website it says that 20% of the applications are usually deferred, but i'm not exactly sure how many applications there were, so I wonder what 20% actually means.

Good luck everyone on hearing positive results!

Archived