Premed 101 Forums

Prereqs and application in same year?

Hey guys,

Can you do your prereqs in your third year if you are also applying in your third year or do they have to be done before you apply?

Also anyone at UT know what 2nd half course is acceptable and not too difficult for the 2nd half course requirement for UT dental school? Western lists all their course codes on the site and I noticed BIO250 is ok for the biochemistry requirement. Is it ok for UT too? Am I right in thinking the best courses to fill the other requirements are biology:BIO250 and physiology PSL201?

Thanks.

Hey SDA,

You must complete the prerequisite courses by June of the year you would enter dents. So for September 2007 admission, you would need to have completed the prerequisites in this school year. If you take them this summer, than you would have to wait until the following year. Remember that at UWO, if you dont have physiology but are invited for an interview, you may write the physiology challenge exam and if you score (70%?) They waive it... You didnt mention the prerequisite you need to fill when asking about the half course at U of T? If you mean biochemistry, I think you would need to take BCH210. Hope that helps.

Great, thanks.

About biochemistry,

UT says that you need 1 full course in biochemistry. BCH210 is a half course..

I am just wondering what the other half course people usually take is. Western lists BIO250 as an acceptable BCH prerequisite so I am wondering if this counts in UT also.

Thanks

U of T is a little more cryptic in terms of describing which prerequisites are acceptable. I took BCH310 (210 now) and BIO250Y but I also took something called JLM349 (now BIO349) so I am not sure if I covered it b/c of the BIO250 or the JLM349... Ask them first but if BIO250Y is not accepted, you may have to take BIO349S which from my recollection was unfortunately not a pleasant course. Good luck.

Archived