Premed 101 Forums

During UBC electives....

I was given a list of possible places to stay from the surgery department. If you pm me your email address I can send it to you (as long as I still have the email they sent me). Not sure how accurate the list is, but it could be worth a shot.

thanx everyone! :D

I've been searching through UBC website to get the answer for my initial question, but I couldn't find any.

I'll probably heading to Queen's next year and after 2nd year med I'm planning to do elective(s) at UBC. So on which months of the year are spots available for non-UBC students?

Sept-Dec

From a UBC email I received:

Dear Visiting Clinical Clerkship Elective Applicant,

As you have requested to complete your elective between the months of September to December, 2007 - during which time UBC students are also completing electives - available spots for visiting students will not be released until May, 2007. When UBC students have completed their elective choices, we will begin to submit out of province applications to hospitals/clinics based on the month for which you applied and on the date your application was received. (i.e. Sept applications will be processed prior to December applications).

In hopes to locate an available spot for you, we do request all three of your elective choices. As a result, you may not be contacted regarding the final status of your elective until 4-6 weeks prior to your elective start date. Should you wish to make any changes to your application, please contact me by email as soon as possible.

thanx everyone! :D

I've been searching through UBC website to get the answer for my initial question, but I couldn't find any.

I'll probably heading to Queen's next year and after 2nd year med I'm planning to do elective(s) at UBC. So on which months of the year are spots available for non-UBC students?

Wait, you've haven't been accepted to medicine yet? Here's my advice: RELAX!!

lol I just like to think things far ahead of time and make plans early :)

Things may change in 3 years.. who knows what will happen with the ever-increasing UBC spots.

I agree, take it as it comes. Wait until you get into Queen's first and then in 2 years start worrying about your electives. ;)

Archived