Premed 101 Forums

Do I stand a chance?

Do i stand any chance of getting into a Canadian dent school with a cumulative gpa of 3.74?(this is excluding the first year, since I did pretty terrible and I heard some school don't look at the worst year if you have a degree) I know that DAT, interview and other factors are as important as my gpa, but solely judging from my gpa, do i have a chance?

Also, can anyone tell me what universities don't look at the pre-requisite GPA?

any helpful comment will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!:)

Do i stand any chance of getting into a Canadian dent school with a cumulative gpa of 3.74?(this is excluding the first year, since I did pretty terrible and I heard some school don't look at the worst year if you have a degree) I know that DAT, interview and other factors are as important as my gpa, but solely judging from my gpa, do i have a chance?

Yea 3.74 would most likely be on the bottom end of competitive. I'm guessing that since you are looking for a dent school that does not consider you pre-req GPA, that it's worse than your cumulative.

Those numbers look fine. You have a chance anywhere, any school, just apply and hope for the best! If all else fails, look down south there's plenty of good schools.

Archived