Premed 101 Forums

Ok, this is for current dent students in Ontario. Approx. how much OSAP grants/loans did you end up getting? Was it substantial or not even close? I know I'm going to have to get an LOC, but I wanted to know how much I could expect as far as grants/loans from OSAP (I'll be "independent" for the status).

I think depending on your financial need 7K-13K

you should expect 7K unless your financial need is really substantial.

Also, anything above 7K, the government of canada spares you from paying back so it's sorta like a "bursary" (i think)

actually, above 7k qualifies you for a partial bursary. so, the government will pay about half the loan amount. however, that amount will go directly into your osap repayment; it doesnt get transferred to your bank account.

Ok, this is for current dent students in Ontario. Approx. how much OSAP grants/loans did you end up getting? Was it substantial or not even close? I know I'm going to have to get an LOC, but I wanted to know how much I could expect as far as grants/loans from OSAP (I'll be "independent" for the status).

You will get about anywhere from 7-12 K. I got about 12 K's, and the bursary they gave me was 3 K!, so yah they do give you quite a bit before you have to actually revert to RBC or Scotia.

Cheers,

:)

That's Right! Interest free money baby! Yup you get 12 K each year.

SWEET!!!

The only problem is as a master's student I've had an income (not much) but, still steady income.

How will this effect their support??? I hope I get that, I wanna use OSAP to pay tuition not my LOC....I got bigger plans for my LOC :D :D :D

Archived