Premed 101 Forums

Countdown...

So it's quarter to midnight, May 1st! :eek: I am starting a countdown on here (and yes, I will do it myself if no one joins, I am THAT nutty)... sooo.... let's see, do we count the 15th or not??? If we don't count it, then it is...let's see... 15 days left to the day.... agh!!! very excited... how are you guys coping?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep on waking up too late darn it, ccoh beat me to it!!! Yeah, 12 days is great! really really sooonn.... hang in there guys!

P.S. I am away at the cottage this weekend (woohooo) and so will have no access to this board so PLEASE keep this thread going you guys...I know you're out there lurking so just post...make this your first post:)

thanks cheun17...sigh..I guess we gotta add a couple more days onto our countdown...:) no problem, we've waited this long after all... I wonder why though...great, now I'm going to spend the evening thinking about why...LOL... this process makes fairly normal (hehe I did say "fairly" not totally normal) people nuts...

LOL...I hate to break it to you ccoh, but unlike all of you nerds, my internet is NOT the first thing I do in the morning, I have other, more important tasks first.... LOL... what a big lie I just told :D I am on some new go to sleep at 4 a.m. wake up at 11 a.m. kick..not sure why...maybe I'm sleeping off the stress of the past few months:) But thanks for carrying the torch...I am off today around 1 p.m., I can't wait...I really need some relaxing time in the wilderness, with the lake and the sunsets and the bears ;)

Ok, so I'm a nerd, what's your point? :P Besides, getting online isn't the first thing i do in the morning...maybe the second, but not the first haha. Where you off to? Sounds great (minus the bears of course). Have fun!:cool:

I have a feeling the e-mail will be sent on the 15th, and the admissions committee is referring to the snail mail packages arriving on the 17th or 18th.

I know that the interview invitations and reference letter confirmation e-mails / snail mail followed this pattern.

Why would the admissions committee need 2/3 extra days. I doubt they do.

Since they were supposed to send us our interview scores at the beginning of May, and last year they sent them after two weeks. The interview scores have certainly been calculated.

After that, its a matter of 60% GPA, 40% interview -->The list is formed.

I predict May 15th...

10 days!

Ok, so 9 days then, (or 12)!! And does anyone really want their interview scores at this point? I think it would just make me more neurotic than I already am waiting for the acceptance/waitlist/rejection letter!

LOL oh guys you rock!!! thanks for keeping this going...needless to say I'm BAAACKKKK, a little worse for wear, got bitten by a hornet and then swarmed by about a thousand million blackflies... I LOVE forests and lakes, they're the best...

I love the countdown too, this must be a first on this board... 9 (or12) days to go LOL ccoh... thats funny... very Canadian - it might be like this or it might be like that, who knows... we're so existential.

Hey Vince99,

I think it depends... if you are from UofS, you are allowed to apply in 2nd year, and thus your second year counts in your two best years GPA, so your offer will be conditional on final grades. If you're OOP (or IP), you must have completed your two best years before applying, so you should be fine UNLESS you are now completing any of the pre-requisites... I am in this situation, and I have to send a complete final transcript once I receive it in order to receive admission (when I am accepted hehe, I'm channeling good thoughts here not being arrogant, my acceptance would be conditional on completion of those pre-requisites).

If you don't meet any of these two categories, I don't think that a final transcript is needed. If you're worried, contact the admissions office though.

Archived