Premed 101 Forums

Countdown...

Thought I'd pop back into this forum before the big day! Thanks momo for keeping us alive in here, it sure helps! I'm gonna go crazy either way tomorrow, as I'll find out and then have to work nights all weekend. I'm sure working nights in the ICU on May long weekend will not bring good things...

HW

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 1/2 hr bike ride killed some time (and my butt :D). Was going to go to a movie this afternoon, but missed the last matinee and figured i might as well watch the Thurs night lineup and rot my mind in front of the tv to kill a few hours tonight. Talk about time crawling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

-- Winston Churchill

and then regarding the admissions process for medical school, Einstein was not only a brilliant scientist but also psychic::D

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.

-- Albert Einstein

Keep at it guys...

I'm really sorry to hear that momo. i feel that you really put alot of effort into not only preparing yourself but others as well on these boards, which i think really shows the kind of person you are. did you apply anywhere else? with your grades/experience, i thought you were an ideal candidate for medschools around the country.

i received my waitlist notice just now for UofS, as well. I am OOP (from alberta)

congratulation xone!!! I actually am flabbergasted... based on all my calculations I should have at least had a waitlist (well, I am NOT saying I deserved it, but based on what I thought the breakdown was)... I feel like there was something on my application that was taken into consideration that isn't really advertised, and I hope to get some feedback from the school at some point... this really really sucks... and it was my only school... sigh... oh well.

Hey Momo,

I totally don't get it either. You seem like an outstanding applicant and you would make an amazing doctor. I think the interview process is really quite random. It there's any comfort...I'm OOP and I got rejected as well. I felt I did quite well. I was shocked...but now I'm just getting used to it and trying to make the best of it. Congrats to the lucky few...I think we all deserve it but there are simply just not enough spots...

Zuck

Congratulations to those who got accepted!

I'm terribly shocked about some of the rejections and so very sorry, especially momo, zuckman and newbie1234...The only explanation is that competition was even tighter this year. With applicants so close, someone has to be cut even if you're all obviously amazing people, but maybe have 0.1 percent less average. That's been known to happen and the very slight difference is heart breaking without a doubt. Anyway, I'm probably not being very reassuring. Perhaps it's about taking heart from hatewaiting's experience of applying four times but finally having his/her efforts pay off!

yes i think the college does provide feedback, but it is probbaly on a limited basis and they can prob only give u their personal opinions about what they think may be some weakness areas. (not the opinion of the college btw)

It is definitely good to get some feedback as its always nice to hear it from a different point of view, cuz sometimes there mite be somethings u may do that u just dont catch/notice.

Archived