Premed 101 Forums

Countdown...

i would defintely just send one in (just for the sake of it) or make sure you contact admissions directly.

I remember that i did send one in ...it costs like 6 bucks and saves you from a lot of stress hehe :)

Now this is just my theory but say you are in 4th year when apply, and now your marks are out (you did good) and you send ur transcript in

When they calculate your admissions score (GPA + interview) will they use your best 2 years including your current just completed year too??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey good to see you UofS2010, hope exams are not stressing you out too much...

I've been through this with admissions quite a bit b/c of my pre-requisites - the issue is different for OOP and IP applicants. Since I am OOP, I know that you do have your two best years completed when you apply (I have no idea when this rule came into effect, but it's there), so your current year doesn't really come into consideration. Your pre-requisites, however, do, so since I am finishing my Biochem and English this semester, I have to send my final transcripts in to show that I have completed them. That's why I think it's best to ask the admissions office directly as per your individual case:)

But I think you're right, better safe than sorry...although you can go to a school like mine, who posts final marks on student accounts and doesn't actually put them on the official transcripts until later - I found this out just recently when UofS received my transcripts without those pre-requisite marks - that was embarassing and a waste of $15.00!!! Now I have to wait until they put it on the official transcript, although I was told it was done at the same time as student online transcripts. So again, check with admissions as per your individual case.

LOL...well holding my fingers and toes crossed for you and frenchfrog!! I can't wait to see the mosquitoes! hehe

and AHA!! ccoh...I beat you today...it is officially 12:50 a.m. in ontario, and so now it's 8 days (or 11). HA!

oh LOL...i just went up near Parry Sound, so it's not real wilderness, but there are real hornets and flies:) they're baby black flies...so they don't bite yet, but they do NOT have any respect for personal space, so I swallowed a few, and a few insisted on poking me in the eyes as well :D very nosy, baby black flies....

it was great fun, my chihuahua caught a baby squirrel by its tail and got so freaked out by it...it was funny but poor Itsy is all traumatized as she also got slightly nicked by another dog (it was her fault) and then got a thorn in her pad as she was running carelessly along..by the end of the weekend she didn't even want to go outside!

I asked at administration and I guess the school will be sending out an email to us all within about a week to inform us about what's going on. I'm assuming about the date of the offers and what-not. From what I gathered, the decisions will be sent on the 17th, but we'll find out for sure in the upcoming email.

Airden10 thank you for doing that for us, you rock!!! :P But I must admit I am a little mystified by the changes in the process this year, it seemed a lot more straightforward in the years past... of course it's nuts, I am applying this year ha!! karma... I have crazy karma... hehe..oh well, you guys will have to put up with 2 extra days of my posts... so let's say it's 10 days to May 17th which is our next possible date for hearing something from UofS admissions...

So for us few folks in Ontario it's 9 DAYS LEFT!!! AGH!

And as a fellow boardie just rightly reminded me, it's 2 hours to 9 days for folks in SK!!!

And probably 1 hour left for those in MB, and ... hehe... I could cover the entire country!! :P

P.S. It's daylight somewhere so...

hahahahahahaha (saw the 'reason' for your edit, momo lol). I was far away in dreamland when you posted ;) Trying to make it a point of going to sleep before midnight since school finished (too many all-nighters in the last couple of weeks of school). I figure there'll be lots of opportunity for both-end candle-burning in med school!

:( Yes...It's official. May 18th,2007...I was wrong...Yeah at least its a friday...

I can't believe they would make us wait another 3 full days, when all the other schools let you know on the 15th...

Well then, let the countdown continue....10 days

LOL...yeah it's a long time but I'm having this new reaction, where I am starting to think that I don't want to know anymore...maybe we can wait till June or something when I'm ready LOL... it'd make a great psychology masters thesis - the mental state of students waiting for word from the admissions office: neurosis and delirium LOL... it's kind of exciting though, I like exciting, makes life interesting. :D

Dare I say it??? 7 days left folks!!! SEVEN...in case you didn't hear me the first time... :P

hey and by the way, for the med students, anyone know if there is a "special time" they send these emails out and stuff? Anyone kept theirs and can tell us what the time was? Just to keep this thread interesting LOL... not because I really want to know mind, you... I'll be glued to clock trying to calculate the time difference LOL...

LOL ahhh but vince99, you're making an assumption that I am sane in the first place :P

Actually, I don't mind. One, because I think I was born to be a cheerleader (never got to be one in highschool). Two, because I work on the computer all day and it's just TOO easy to multi-task with many windows, one of them including preme101, and Three, because there are quite a few people who do come to this particular corner of the board, and even if they don't post, they must feel just as anxious as we all do, and I think sharing that through the countdown helps... so, just as a challenge I might even INCREASE the frequency of my postings HAHA!!!

;) off to bed finally! g'night.

Anxious doesn't even describe it...maybe downright certifiable! Still another week! It's really going to make me crazy when everyone else hears on Tuesday. Any word on a possible time, first years? I have to work and it'll drive me nuts not knowing the whole day, considering we have an archaic computer system at work WITHOUT internet. Who doesn't have internet these days, geez.

GUYS!! I found something that helps with the wait...SHOPPING!!!! I hate shopping malls with a passion, I'm one of those in and out people, but suddenly, I love shopping... hehehe... Is everyone having this gorgeous weather???

Hey i think it was in the morning to noon time! :P

Dare I say it??? 7 days left folks!!! SEVEN...in case you didn't hear me the first time... :P

hey and by the way, for the med students, anyone know if there is a "special time" they send these emails out and stuff? Anyone kept theirs and can tell us what the time was? Just to keep this thread interesting LOL... not because I really want to know mind, you... I'll be glued to clock trying to calculate the time difference LOL...

Archived