Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding admissions. I'm slightly confused about the number of courses that have to match my year level.The admission requirement regarding this point seems confusing to me.

I just completed 3rd year and made the cutoff. I want to apply with this year and hopefully make cutoff for 4th year(2007-2008). However, for my third year which I just completed, only 4/10 courses that I took are level III and above the rest are level II courses. Can I apply with this year?

From my understanding as long as 6/10 courses are level II or above your fine. But the point that gets to me is that they say 6/10 courses you take should match your year level as an example in another paragraph. What are they asking for?

Confused,

Goldy

:rolleyes:

hey, thought i'd reply to this since nobody else has, even though i don't have the best information. anyway, i was a bit worried about that criterion too, since in my third year only 4/10 courses were actual 3rd year courses, 5/10 were 2nd year, and one was first year. things just turned out that way based on how my degree is set up, so i was fulfilling my degree's requirements but didn't have enough 3rd year courses. i almost didn't apply to western because of this but i did in the end, and now i'll be going there in september (haha).

the best plan, however, is probably to contact the admissions office and make sure you're not applying for nothing. but i think "senior" courses count, and i think those must be everything that's not first year?

good luck!

Hey cluelesswonder,

Thank you for your post. I thought nobody would respond, I really appreciate it.

I e-mailed them like you suggested and their reply was, "As long as you meet the minimum GPA in both years and have 3/5 of your courses at senior level in your fourth year you should be eligible to apply."

Now I just to figure out if "senior level" course means a courses above level I.

Cheers,

Goldy,

Hey cluelesswonder,

Thank you for your post. I thought nobody would respond, I really appreciate it.

I e-mailed them like you suggested and their reply was, "As long as you meet the minimum GPA in both years and have 3/5 of your courses at senior level in your fourth year you should be eligible to apply."

Now I just to figure out if "senior level" course means a courses above level I.

Cheers,

Goldy,

Hi

Senior level at western is year 2 and up. Cheers/

Vik

Archived