Premed 101 Forums

BSN-to-medschool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey,

I am a new member. I am currently in my last year of my undergrad, and want to go to med school. I am thinking of doing a two year nursing degree first because my overall GPA isn't high enough to get in now. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? Thanks.

Valerie.

Right now I'm looking at U of T, York, McMaster, Queen's, and Western. I'm not worried about a busy schedule. I love learning and being challenged. Besides, it's good practise for med school :)

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

By the way, what school do you go to? How do you like medical school?

Hey Valerie, I just thought I would comment on York's compressed program. I just completed this program as part of their first 2.5yr class. First impressions are that it was a complete organizational disaster. The administration was out to lunch, and it did not have a university feel at all. That said, the program keeps you busy with an enormours volume of research and papers. On the bright side, it is easy :) as long as you keep up, and coming out with a 3.9-4.0 is extremely achievable, as you keep up with the airy fairy papers.

I found this program a waste of time, but you have the degree at the end with flexibility to work anywhere, so I guess some good may come from it.

gf

Right now I'm looking at U of T, York, McMaster, Queen's, and Western. I'm not worried about a busy schedule. I love learning and being challenged. Besides, it's good practise for med school :)

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

By the way, what school do you go to? How do you like medical school?

Oh I'm not in med school. :) I'm in fourth year nursing at Western. That's great that you love being challenged and busy because nursing school sucks the life out of you, LOL.

Good luck with your future studies!

Archived