Premed 101 Forums

2008 Official Rejection Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hah thanks, but I'd rather have 10 10 10 Q.

Case, more specifically CCLCM is my top choice.

mann you got a 12 in VR, nuff said. Have you already gotten a CASE interview? I think you might end up having more luck there simply because there is no IS vs OOS discrimination and it seems you applied pretty early too which definetely helps

Man thats a ballin MCAT, I hope you applied to dartmouth, Mayo, mount sinai, NYU, etc. All the average mcat scores are 32-33 and theyre all good schools needless to say.

LOL, Mayo might have a 33 MCAT average, but the acceptance rate is 2.3%. Numbers aren't all...there's a ton of people with 35+ 3.9+ getting rejected PRE-SECONDARY from Mayo.

mann you got a 12 in VR, nuff said. Have you already gotten a CASE interview? I think you might end up having more luck there simply because there is no IS vs OOS discrimination and it seems you applied pretty early too which definetely helps

Still waiting. I was only complete Sept 26, so they probably haven't had a time to look at my file yet. Hopefully they'll like it. I've worked on three different research projects, two of them medically related, and a third chemical engineering project that will be published in December.

And as Jochi said, you can't put too much into numbers since med school admissions are not so cut and dry.

LOL, Mayo might have a 33 MCAT average, but the acceptance rate is 2.3%. Numbers aren't all...there's a ton of people with 35+ 3.9+ getting rejected PRE-SECONDARY from Mayo.

Yeah but I saw a41 post previously and I remember him having great research experience/potential and ECs, so if the average is 32-33 then it means that his mcat/stats are not going to be a weakness in his application at all, and that brings him 1 step closer to getting admitted

I couldn't edit that one for some reason so I'll double post,

Jochi when is your case interview? and I wanted to wish you luck in getting an interview a41 and hope you rock your's JOCHI!!

Thanks! It's in less than 2 weeks. I should know the decision before the end of November. Hopefully it won't be a waitlist, I'd hate to wait again. If I get in at Case, I'm gonna withdraw from almost everywhere in the US (save for Minnesota and maybe another school) and just forget about the US process until Canadian decisions are out.

Placed on 'hold' by SUNY upstate and Connecticut.

In other words, we shall delay sending you a rejection letter. But meanwhile, why dont you worry about it a little more for another 2 months. :mad:

Hehe, I got the hold from UConn, too...(2 weeks ago or so) although I really don't consider a hold to be a rejection. There ARE people who are getting flat-out rejections and people from the hold pool DO receive interviews later, and quite often.

I haven't heard anything from Upstate yet, but I did something really stupid, so I doubt it'll be a favorable decision. I sent them a money order addressed to Albert Einstein (from where I withdrew later, anyway - I hate NYC), and for the wrong amount, too. And now it's documented in detail on my status page - "sent check for wrong amt, wrng schl.":rolleyes: I did send them the right money order as soon as I found out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't heard anything from Upstate yet, but I did something really stupid, so I doubt it'll be a favorable decision. I sent them a money order addressed to Albert Einstein (from where I withdrew later, anyway - I hate NYC), and for the wrong amount, too. And now it's documented in detail on my status page - "sent check for wrong amt, wrng schl.":rolleyes: I did send them the right money order as soon as I found out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ahaha....man, that sucks, but it's also too funny!

Ahaha....man, that sucks, but it's also too funny!

LOL, yeah, I mixed those up, too, so I sent the wrong check to Einstein, as well. I also forgot to include my picture with the Einstein app AND mailed it to the general address of the school, not the admissions office!:rolleyes: Given all that and its location in the Bronx, I decided not to bother sending the correct check at this point, because I'd really rather wait another year than go to med in NYC. I withdrew from all the NYC schools pre-secondary, except Columbia (got a "special friend" who goes there, hehe...he wrote me a rec letter, too ;) ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Urgh, WTF!!! Top choice - Minnesota! Seriously, my stats are about their average, and I went to school in MN...the BEST school in the state. And my essays were pretty good! How is that not enough for an interview? I've got better treatment from OOS schools where I didn't go to undergrad!

URGGGGH.:mad:

Urgh, WTF!!! Top choice - Minnesota! Seriously, my stats are about their average, and I went to school in MN...the BEST school in the state. And my essays were pretty good! How is that not enough for an interview? I've got better treatment from OOS schools where I didn't go to undergrad!

URGGGGH.:mad:

Ouch, really sorry to hear that jochi. I guess that goes to show you how much of a crapshoot med school apps are. Still, I think that you should be quite proud of your case interview! Wish you the best

Archived