Premed 101 Forums

2008 Official Rejection Thread

hey a41. I got rejected by BU too...

just found out i got rejected by pritzker. I am getting no love from the good schools. Guess i'll be heading to a middle/low tier med. :(

BU is mid-tier....and Pritzker rejects a TON of people. They've turned away a lot of people with crazy stats this year, so I think they might be paying more attention to the essays at this point.

I haven't submitted their secondary yet, not sure if I will.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear about that, but it is their loss! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Also, when were you complete at Pritzker? Did they mail you or email?

I got 33Q on my MCAT and BCPM 3.84. Overall was 3.74.

Just the usual volunteering in a hospital, at a few schools. I had about 1.5 yrs of research exp, no pubs.

I'm glad to hear Pritzker is ... picky? well it sucks cause I was looking forward to going to that school too. I was complete at Pritzker Aug 30. They didn't send an email to let me know about their decision, I had to login to check my status.

I hope I get an interview at Tufts and Case! I still haven't heard from Case yet, i've been complete for almost a month. Do you think I should call them and ask?

Most schools take at least a month to go through your application (but it's usually 6 to 8 weeks), so I wouldn't be too worried about it. BUT if it would make you feel better, you could always e-mail them. The admissions officers are generally nice and will let you know where your application is at. Good luck :D

I got 33Q on my MCAT and BCPM 3.84. Overall was 3.74.

Just the usual volunteering in a hospital, at a few schools. I had about 1.5 yrs of research exp, no pubs.

Hey man I've got similar stats to you, though I've probably got more research experience. I really want Case too since most of my dad's family that doesn't live in Canada lives in Ohio. I applied to both the University and College programs to double (more like 1.001 x) my chances!

Hey man I've got similar stats to you, though I've probably got more research experience. I really want Case too since most of my dad's family that doesn't live in Canada lives in Ohio. I applied to both the University and College programs to double (more like 1.001 x) my chances!

When were you complete there a41?

I gave them a call and she said nothing is wrong with my file, just that they haven't reviewed it... She said I should hear back by end of the month. what a different apply a couple week later makes (compared with jochi)

If you get an invite from Case, your research experience should also give you an invite from CCLCM.

I would investigate though, if you are not a permanent resident/citizen. I know that CCLCM finds your 5th research year, but I wonder if it's the same for internationals. International students tend to always get the crappy end of the deal, so make sure you don't end up having to pay for FIVE years of medical school should you go to CCLCM.

When were you complete there a41?

I gave them a call and she said nothing is wrong with my file, just that they haven't reviewed it... She said I should hear back by end of the month. what a different apply a couple week later makes (compared with jochi)

I was only complete Sept 26th. I've said this so many times, but I hate AMCAS. I was only verified on September 14th, after submitting my primary (and having my transcript in before) July 31st. And then only after emailing and phoning them a couple of times.

spriteguy, did you apply to both the UP and CP at Case? Apparently if you apply to both, they review the applications to both programs separately and wait for decisions for both programs to be made before offering an interview or interviews. That way you don't have to make the trip to Cleveland twice.

Speaking of the College Program, I've been reading more about it and I'd KILL to get in there. It seems like the perfect school for me. (I hope they think I'm the perfect candidate for them!)

Rejected from Mayo! Well, that was a long shot...I withdrew from a bunch of schools pre-secondary a few months ago and decided to use the money I saved on those secondaries for some "reach" school, and I chose Mayo as that "reach school."

The part that pissed me off was that their stupid "give us $85" e-mail said they review you in 4 weeks...It took from August 27th to October 18th for me!:mad:

EDIT: that was pre-secondary, by the way.

Rejected from Mayo! Well, that was a long shot...I withdrew from a bunch of schools pre-secondary a few months ago and decided to use the money I saved on those secondaries for some "reach" school, and I chose Mayo as that "reach school."

The part that pissed me off was that their stupid "give us $85" e-mail said they review you in 4 weeks...It took from August 27th to October 18th for me!:mad:

EDIT: that was pre-secondary, by the way.

sorry to hear that Jochi :(

Archived