Premed 101 Forums

Working in Reserch.. Employment or Research?

I have had a number of jobs working in research, both at my university, as well as a number of local hospitals. They have been paid work however, do I include these under research or under employment?

One of them I'd really like to include in research as it was a heavily funded Health Canada study and I don't really think the 8 characters (may be a slight exaggeration) the sketch permits really lets me highlight this.. I also had some basic office type responsibilities at the research center as well... could I put it as two separate things? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have had a number of jobs working in research, both at my university, as well as a number of local hospitals. They have been paid work however, do I include these under research or under employment?

One of them I'd really like to include in research as it was a heavily funded Health Canada study and I don't really think the 8 characters (may be a slight exaggeration) the sketch permits really lets me highlight this.. I also had some basic office type responsibilities at the research center as well... could I put it as two separate things? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

if you provided an intellectual contribution to the research, then put it under research (i.e. you've been published on that particular project, or will be published on it). If you were an envelope stuffer/pencil pusher/data collection then its employment.

Archived