Premed 101 Forums

application question

I was wondering where/if I should put that I competed at the Canadian National Figure Skating Championships? Although I was training/competing during my highschool years, I feel this is an important accomplishment and it would help my application. Should I just completely ignore it (bc it was before university)? If I include it...what title should I put it under? Extra-curricular activities is what I was thinking. Thanks for the help!

I forgot...I have one more question. What exactly are we expected to put in the last section of the application titled 'Additional Information'? There's like 3000 characters allowed for further explanation of information regarding other sections of this application and I'm not sure if we are expected to put something here, or if it's just incase we have extenuating circumstances that need to be explained here. Thanks again!

I forgot...I have one more question. What exactly are we expected to put in the last section of the application titled 'Additional Information'? There's like 3000 characters allowed for further explanation of information regarding other sections of this application and I'm not sure if we are expected to put something here, or if it's just incase we have extenuating circumstances that need to be explained here. Thanks again!

I left that section blank. Didn't hinder my application.

I would include your figure skating in the volunteering and extracurricular activities. Also, if you achieved any awards from it then you should include that as well in the awards section. I included something from high school in my application last year because I thought it was important.

In the last section, I included my publication record. If you have something that cannot fit in your application, then put it in there.

I can't remember if the EC and volunteer sections are separate on the application or not. If they are stick it in EC. If they aren't, stick it in volunteer and EC.

I included my international sports experience from when I was in high school. If you think you'll bring it up in the interview, it's best to have it in there.

• 2 weeks later...

A number of medical schools request information going back to the age of sixteen when assessing candidates. Competing at the Canadian National Figure Skating Championships shows discipline and commitment- two qualities that are critical to success in medical school. Given that your participation took place a number of years ago, I suggest that you use the example to bolster your application rather than making it the central focus.

Good luck!

Archived