Premed 101 Forums

Issues with items not being received?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my refs isn't received...but I checked with him, and he didn't even send it...b/c he's very sick. I'm totally worried as well, b/c I have no idea when he plans to send it. For ppl whose refs didn't show up, maybe you should ask if they even sent the letters.

Omsas told me that when they complete a person's file, they send it off to the schools. They do it all through October, November, and December. So whenever your file is finished, they send it.

Hmmm...is that fair? Wouldn't that constitute rolling admissions to some extent? I would think that schools would be inclined to start assigning interviews to applicants as they roll in (and have the qualifications).

Hmmm...is that fair? Wouldn't that constitute rolling admissions to some extent? I would think that schools would be inclined to start assigning interviews to applicants as they roll in (and have the qualifications).

I dunno about the non-cutoff schools, but for Queen's/UWO, all the interview info is sent out together, and the decisions come out the same day, so this is definitely NOT rolling admissions. Now, in the US, where you actually get interviews at different times at any point between August and April, and where acceptances are doled out between October and May, there is absolutely rolling admissions.

What omsas does, and including uwo (as I walked in and asked)....if things like letters of reference or watever doesnt get sent with the package....once omsas has sent "your package" (either completely done or not)...they continue to send the schools whatever they have received....maybe that is what they meant for the months...just for references,,,as I know uwo, and omsas do allow it

I dunno about the non-cutoff schools, but for Queen's/UWO, all the interview info is sent out together, and the decisions come out the same day, so this is definitely NOT rolling admissions. Now, in the US, where you actually get interviews at different times at any point between August and April, and where acceptances are doled out between October and May, there is absolutely rolling admissions.

Makes sense.

a few days ago both my transcripts appeared as received, then today when i checked to see if my ref. letters were all in, it said that only one of my transcripts have been received, and the other has not. kind of weird for that status to change back???

anyway, i'm just wondering, i didn't send in my transcripts separately like a lot of people seem to be indicating that they have. i ordered them through my omsas application, and submitted by application about 1.5 weeks earlier than the deadline. i just want to make sure that we weren't expected to order our transcripts separately, because i am becoming a bit paranoid about teh status of one of my transcripts having changed to now saying that it hasn't been received.

thanks

Nishi

Archived