Premed 101 Forums

Issues with items not being received?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent them an e-mail and called...both said the same thing (practically, but a lil different)...the e-mail was later, so more accurate I believe, it was automatic. "Saying that they are now done (within a day) of inputing all references" and thats a qoute. So what I gather, whatever they do today, that is it, but I assume theres very little to be done. I'm in the same boat as you, and I will be asking my one referee to resend it today...and if by chance it gets updated from previously, makes no difference then. It also stated in the email, that references have no strict deadline, and some schools still process your file even if they aren't all in.

good luck

greek

Anyone else still waiting for references to be received?? I think they should have got there by now, but am wondering if OMSAS is still sorting through them all. I'm 2 for 3 and don't know when I should be asking my reference to send it again.

hey, I just spoke with the OMSAS coordinator today... she said that all references have basically been updated and put into the system by now. (definitely the ones that were sent before the oct 1 deadline).

so if you are still 2 / 3 like me, they said to ask the referee to re-send...

To those of you who are missing a referee letter on the OMSAS site:

This happened to me last year. I suggest that you contact your referee & verify that the letter was sent. If it has been sent at least 2 weeks ago, call OMSAS & ask them about it. When I had this problem last year, my referee had sent the letter in a timely fashion and it was simply an issue that OMSAS or Canada Post had lost the letter somewhere along the way. If you think about the volume of letters that are received by OMSAS (~5000 applicants x 3 letters), I suppose that it is conceivable that quite a few of them never make it to their respective dossier.

Do not worry, this will not affect your chances as long as you rectify the situation sooner than later.

Jochi: Where did you get the stats for this year? I have been wondering about whether they were consistent with last year or not? And yes, I was referring to the rough # of applicants and not the # of applications. It is bad enough that there are >5000 applicants, I cannot imagine what it would be like if there were 18 000! ;)

Jochi: Where did you get the stats for this year? I have been wondering about whether they were consistent with last year or not? And yes, I was referring to the rough # of applicants and not the # of applications. It is bad enough that there are >5000 applicants, I cannot imagine what it would be like if there were 18 000! ;)

Oh, vip_138 and I conducted an investigation...;) Basically, we compared people's reference numbers and the people who submitted about half an hour before the deadline had ref #s in the 15,500s, which suggests the total # is about 16,000.

Oh, vip_138 and I conducted an investigation...;) Basically, we compared people's reference numbers and the people who submitted about half an hour before the deadline had ref #s in the 15,500s, which suggests the total # is about 16,000.

Ha ha... That's intense (& clever). I hope that you guys are right and that the # has gone down this year. That would be nice.

Basically, we compared people's reference numbers and the people who submitted about half an hour before the deadline had ref #s in the 15,500s, which suggests the total # is about 16,000.

Which reference number are you referring to in this? Is it the reference number you are given when you submit? I'm trying to understand the methodology of your investigation ;)

Which reference number are you referring to in this? Is it the reference number you are given when you submit? I'm trying to understand the methodology of your investigation ;)

Yeah, the one you get when you submit. Like, I submitted about a week before the deadline, and my ref. # was in the 10,000s. People who submitted the day of the deadline were 14,500+ with the last person we know (submitted like half an hour before the deadline) being at about 15,500, so we figured we'd add another 500 to consider that one half hour.

two of my references is still outstanding and they sent it two months ago....is the update complete?...is any1 else whose status said currently outstanding sya its received now??

One of my letters got there on Oct 17 and they changed it to receive before the weekend. I think they are just about finishing entering or close to it.

finally my third referee became "received" according to the website....man,,,the canadian postal system is embarassing....my referee sent it in last monday, and it got 'processed' today...according to omsas,,,they were done majority of the letters last monday,,,and only needed tuesday to catch up, ill assume it took 5 days to get to guelph, if thats not embarassing, i dont know what is, anyone else still waiting for their forms to get processed? i feel ur pain

One of my reference letters is still outstanding. I sent it last thursday for the second time, and it's not processed. I already know that it is delivered b/c that's what priority mail says, but for some reason, it's not on OMSAS. I think I'm like one of the last ones whose application will actually be complete b/c of this damn reference letter.

Archived