Premed 101 Forums

Issues with items not being received?

So I'm missing a good chunk of my documents, but the ones that bother me the most are my MCAT scores (released them at LEAST 2, if not 3 months ago) and my transcripts from my alma mater (sent at the end of August). Other things were submitted more recently, so I'm not too worried. But what should I do about those? Anyone else have a similar problem?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a 10 minute freak-out over my pending MCAT score, which I released in July I noticed this under the help section:

MCAT Scores

All MCAT scores are currently showing as "Pending". This status will change by mid-October. If, at that time, your scores are still showing as pending, you need to do one or both of the following:

email OMSAS with your AAMC ID number

go to the MCAT Request site, and release all scores to OMSAS

Applicants will not be penalized in the event that MCAT scores are released after the expected October 15 release date; however, applicants must release their scores as soon as they are made available. The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify an applicant based on non-receipt of MCAT scores.

Yeah, I got a response from them re: MCAT scores and the transcript...they said the transcripts could easily be there, but just not entered into the system yet. However, what bugs me about this is that I had some transcripts sent 2 weeks AFTER that one, and those are already in!:mad:

Does anyone know if this applies to transcripts as well?? I sent two sets from two different schools. The ones I sent later have been received but not the ones I sent first!!! I don't know if I should go to the school and get them to send it again or should I wait till Friday?? Will OMSAS even accept the transcripts if I send them again???

:confused: :confused: :confused::eek:

I'm having a similar issue with transcripts but I only released them from my (Albertan) school on September 18 - they say not received! I'm worried because I heard OMSAS was pretty strict on Transcripts being received by October 1...I wouldn't want this to disqualify all of my applications!!!

so i have finally had the link appear that lets me check if any of my things have been received, and I have NONE showing up... so i'm not really freaking out... but I have an error message at the top of the screen as well: SQL Error....'563' not found. what does this mean?? does anyone else have this?

There is no need to panic guys. Remember it takes them a while to sort through everything and update it online. Last year, I had none of items "recieved" when I submitted but over the next week or so everything showed up as recieved.

As long as you have proof that you submitted the items before the Oct 1, 2007, your good to go!

so i have finally had the link appear that lets me check if any of my things have been received, and I have NONE showing up... so i'm not really freaking out... but I have an error message at the top of the screen as well: SQL Error....'563' not found. what does this mean?? does anyone else have this?

Yeah I think it's an error in the system. No need to worry:D

it seems like it takes a couple of days... cuz my prof send the letter.. just it takes time for OMSAS to actually get it and put it on the system.. i mean there is like lol around 18250 applications (assuming there is alot of doubles... so around 5000?) and each has 3 letters.. so tht's 15000 letters to be processed.. let say they get like.. 2000 letter assorted each day.. it'll still take them a week lol

I followed up on my transcript that was sent over a month ago and it turned out the school messed up the address (apparently there's another something something application centre in Guelph).:eek:

They're suppose to send a couple to the correct address now. I wonder if OMSAS would accept them.:confused:

I followed up on my transcript that was sent over a month ago and it turned out the school messed up the address (apparently there's another something something application centre in Guelph).:eek:

They're suppose to send a couple to the correct address now. I wonder if OMSAS would accept them.:confused:

I'm sure they will, especially if the school acknowledges that the original request was sent in a while ago & the transcript accidently sent to the wrong place...

I got a letter in the mail Friday saying that my transcript was not sent due to an error in my student number (I must have made a typo). They told me to resend my information and they would send my transcript without any additional charges...I'm guessing this late arrival of my transcript will not disqualify my application...probably should contact OMSAS

I just checked the status of my app, and one of my reference letters is 'currently outstanding'. I'm having so much trouble contacting my reference as well. I don't know what to do. Do you think they will penalize me for this??

No! OMSAS could care less. The schools don't look at apps until November. Just make sure they're in by November.

No! OMSAS could care less. The schools don't look at apps until November. Just make sure they're in by November.

MAN! My refs are finally all in, but my stupid US transcript isn't!:rolleyes: I guess I'm gonna wait and if it's still not showing as received on Friday, I will request a new one.

I'm just curious... i know they don't accept reference letters before august 1st or 31st (can't remember which)... is there a similar time frame for when it's too early to release your mcat scores? I'm probably just being paranoid but i released them in mid july, and they still show as pending.

I'm just curious... i know they don't accept reference letters before august 1st or 31st (can't remember which)... is there a similar time frame for when it's too early to release your mcat scores? I'm probably just being paranoid but i released them in mid july, and they still show as pending.

ALL MCAT scores are going to show as pending until Oct. 15th. If they are still showing as pending afterwards, then you might wanna release them again.

Archived